Search Unity

Question Gestures in HoloLens/Magic Leap using AR Foundation/XR Interaction Toolkit

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by UNIQ_Unicorn, Sep 16, 2020.

1. UNIQ_Unicorn

UNIQ_Unicorn

Hi! I'm trying to create a cross-platform application for HoloLens 1, HoloLens 2 and Magic Leap using:
    - AR Foundation 4.1.0-preview.6
    - XR Interaction Toolkit 0.9.4
    - Magic Leap XR Plugin 6.0.0
    - Windows XR Plugin 4.0.2

Questions I have:
    • How do I add gestures for Hololens & Magic Leap using AR Foundation and/or XR Interaction Toolkit? (<- is this the right toolkit for this?)

• From the Magic Leap XR and Windows XR documentation there seems to be a WindowsMRGestures and a MagicLeapGestures component. Do I need those? if so, where do I attach these scripts to?

• Do I have to follow the gesture/hand input tutorials from Microsoft/MRTK and Magic Leap's site instead of using AR gesture interactor (XR Interaction Toolkit)? I don't think I can deploy it to all 3 platforms this way but maybe I'm wrong.
    What I've tried and/or read so far is:
    Any help/advice/suggestions are appreciated! Thanks for reading.

Deleted User likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Bump. I am looking for something like a `XRGestureInteractor`, similar to the `ARGestureInteractor` that unfortunately only seems to apply to touchscreen gestures.