Search Unity

– GERÖLL – fps inspired by Doom Quake

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by inko, Feb 20, 2014.

1. inko

inko

$logo_small.png

>>> Play it here <<<

Geröll is a little prototype that I've been working on over the last 3 weeks. It's my take on a simple, super fast paced single player fps of the old kind with lots of bouncing around, dodging projectiles, finding weapons and exploring the levels.

While very much working behind closed doors over the last weeks I think I'm getting to the point where I need some first feedback.
    There is still loads of stuff missing but the current build is, while fairly buggy, in my opinion very much playable and surprisingly fun.

Bugs, missing features and other problems:
    -)Once a gun runs out of ammo it will still play its animation even though it doesn't spawn a projectile. This is due to the disaster that is the weapon code. Commenting on that is basically pointless as it's already rewritten entirely and will get fixed once I have a new stable build.
    -)When you press Q the gun will spin, showing you the entire model. Just ignore this for now. Press q again and everything is back to normal.
    -)Force is handled a little but awkwardly at the time and causes a whole bunch of different problems, most notable it only detects frictions from collisions below you. So if you jump into a wall or a ceiling you notice some rather odd gravity lerp problems.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it, looking forward to any feedback you have.

2. Fortitude3D

Fortitude3D

Love a good fps game, keep it up