Search Unity

Question Geometry help?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by SeekChill, Jul 24, 2022.

1. SeekChill

SeekChill

Hi!

I am not sure if this is the correct board to be posting this as I am unsure what kind of question this would be, so my apologies in advance. To get right into it, I am attempting to recreate the type of dynamic creature creator Rujik the Comatose on Youtube is making except using only Unity. The basic concept of his creatures is that they all consist of segments of geometry following each other like a snake. I am to the point where I have a series of GameObjects following each other and need to add some type of geometry. This geometry either has to stitch together the vertices of each segment or be one large piece of geo that is manipulated with the underlying GameObjects' Transfrom. I posted a link to a GIF from the Youtube video to demonstrate exactly what I am trying to do.

My ideas of how to accomplish this exact task have varied. First I was thinking that I should spawn a primitive cylinder at the center of the two GameObjects following each other, with the two end faces of the cylinder lining up exactly with the GameObjects' Transforms. A different approach I was thinking about is generating vertices around the whole "creature" and use some type of vertex manipulation in code to achieve the type of geometry I'm looking for.

Essentially what I am asking is for some type of direction in regard to this task because I am reaching the limit of what I can find on the internet.

Thank you,

Sam

Here is the link to the GIF showing what I'm trying to do:
    https://j.gifs.com/pZPg42.gif