Search Unity

Question GeoFence Documentation?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by fajigajiga, Feb 21, 2023.

1. fajigajiga

fajigajiga

I've tried everything I can think of related to GeoFence. I've simplified my scene down to nothing but a plane visualizer and a plane proxy which works fine. When I add a GeoFence condition with a nearby location I just get my visualizer and no proxy popping up. What am I doing wrong? If there's documentation I'm missing please link me to it, as there's nothing that helps. I've even read the 1 forum question that was actually answered (kind of) Question - Geo Fencing not working on physical device - Unity Forum and it doesn't help at all. I can't even get it working in simulation view, so clearly I'm missing something, but there's no documentation for me to check. (at least I haven't found anything.)

I get the location data permission request when I start the app, so at least I know that's working.

If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.
    Thank you

2. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Try making the extents larger. 0.0001 is very small (and a bad default). If that doesn't work let us know and we can dig deeper.

3. fajigajiga

fajigajiga

Thank you! That did work. A very simple solution I should have tried. I just assumed defaults worked out of the box, and tweaking is for granular control. Default is actually smaller at 0.00001.

4. Ikaro88

Ikaro88

does geofence work also when the app is closed?