Search Unity

generic rig can't find root motion transform? (Can't find any transform because of name change)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Jeepster, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Jeepster

Jeepster

Hi

I updated my animations and reimported them wanting to make a better animation controller for my characters. Given that I now made many characters with the same animations, I had to rename the bones of each character in Maya.

When I then try to match them with the characters who have different bone names in Unity, I keep getting the error "can't find root motion transform (root bone name)" and the character is stuck in the T-Pose on play.

Please tell me it's possible to rename the bones in Unity or match them even though they have different names. It's the exact same bones, the only difference is a few letters in the namespace of each bone?

What can I do here?

2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

If your animations are .anim files, you might be able to open them with a text editor.

But if they are imported models (such as .fbx), you will need to edit them in your modelling program.

3. Jeepster

Jeepster

Dang it :) they are .fbx. Well I'll have to redo a lot of my work then. I really hope Unity makes an easy fix for this in newer versions in the future.