Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Generic rig and separate objects from Blender

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Shaka, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Shaka

Shaka

[EDIT]
    I just noticed that the bones do move and rotate. It's the meshes that aren't parented correctly. So i'll change my question to: Can I export the model and maintain the bone->mesh hierarchy that's in Blender.

[OLD QUESTION]
    Hello!

I have a problem with animations exported (FBX) from Blender. I have a model that in blender consists of a couple of separate meshes (cubes). I've rigged them to an armature and they have the correct weight groups. The model contains one "idle" animation.

When I import the model the animation is shown correctly in the imported Animation-tab, and it plays fine in the preview window, but it wont play in-game unless I change from generic to legacy under the rig-tab.

If I create the same model and join the meshes into one in Blender, then exports it, it plays fine in-game as a generic rig.

So my question is: Can there only be one mesh in the model file when animating a generic rig or am I missing something in Unity/Blender?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
unityunity