Search Unity

Generic Modular Modern Construction Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LuxUnity, Feb 12, 2014.

1. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. wccrawford

wccrawford

Oh very nice! Looking forward to seeing this one.

3. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

4. Danirey

Danirey

Hi!

I got it! It is a really nice package!

Will be any updates? or will be more modules in the future?

Cheers!

5. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

6. Danirey

Danirey

OK!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot! Great Job!

7. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Modern 1.1 in upload with 247 new premade blocks!

8. wccrawford

wccrawford

LuxUnity has a great history of continuing to update their assets, as well as listening to customers' needs and acting on it.

9. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Version 1.1 with 247 new premade blocks is ready in asset store!

10. Danirey

Danirey

Thanks! It is nice that people take note of users needs, and help them when possible.
    I realy appreciate that!

11. Danirey

Danirey

Thanks for the update. I have downloaded it but cant use that yet. I'm making a game like jagged alliance2 but in 3d. And start making a basic but detailed scenario. I hope your modular kit can be used to make those kind of buildings!
    My plan is make each module breakable too.

Cheers

12. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

For that you can use the half pieces like: corner_in_A, corner_in_B, wall_1x_L, wall_1x_R, floor_pieces, glass_wall_1x, low_wall_1x, low_wall_1x_glass, and take the door_frame drom wall_door (same thing from, glass_door_wall_1x, wall_window_1x, wall_window_1x_vertical). These pieces are good for occupy and one-man square floor (use the 4 pieces in floor_pieces as reference). And if you ad a basic black cube to cover the upper hole, you can use these in a top-view game.

13. Danirey

Danirey

Thanks man!

I'll combine all this with two-sided walls(Cubes) to be able to break them when there are explosions. If you can in a future make your walls that way, it will be awesome. But anyway, your package is realy good!

Cheers. (I'll post here the level as soon as i finish it to check it out)

14. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Could you post an image of this, so i can understand how you need the broken wall?

15. Danirey

Danirey

Hi,

The wall has to be destructable. To achieve this:

$Foto+Jagged+Alliance+3.jpg

Obviously this is far from what i'm doing, but the goal is to break walls like in the picture.

and the original buildings in the JA2 game are like this :

$Jagged_Alliance_2.jpg

i've made something to try concepts and the shooting system, and looks like this:

$ESCENARIO.jpg

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  16. Danirey

Danirey

I need walls that later can be destroyed(with some destruction framework in the asset store) . But need a volume to break, not planes.
    In the firs picture you can see the walls broken. In the second picture you can see the standar shapeand detail of the haouses( when you enter a house, the roof fades to see the interior).
    In the third you can see my test level, with a basic concrete structure with modules (4x4x0.1)that i will fracture later on.

Hope this explains my objective!

Thanks for all!

17. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Let's see...

I have made some solid wall to be broken with something like this:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/9411

And two premade already broken wall (so you can switch a normal wall with them after an explosion). Tell me you opinion.

18. Danirey

Danirey

Here we go man !

The framework you point is the one i've planed to use. And the wall you have there is what i need exactly. I've made my own modules(only to have something to work with, because i'm not a modeler) but only wall, and roof. As you see in the second picture i've posted, the buildings are basic.

When we have to break the wall, we need it to be different models from the doors or windows to be able to break each one in his own way!
    I already tested my own breaking system only with prefractured objects. So both metods are fine for me.

Anyway, whatever you could make (allways, if you can ) will be fine.

Again. If you could make this and put it in the asset store as a new product, i'll happy to pay for it!

19. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'll add already broken modular elements in the next update.

20. Danirey

Danirey

Hi!

Thanks ! It will be realy nice and help me a lot!

I'll try to post a quick video of the player moving arround and shooting at still enemies to show you how the game works. At least the shooting and moving systems!!

And a prefractured building to see how the explosions will affect .

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  21. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Modern 1.2 in upload with new 61 breakable elements and support for top-view and lateral-view

22. wccrawford

wccrawford

As always, I'm impressed with your responses to requests. And so fast, too. I actually went and checked to make sure I had already bought this. (I had.) Keep up the good work!

23. GameTech

GameTech

Does this kit include an United States wall socket? Two vertical slots side by side and a grounding half circle in the middle beneath the other two slots. I don't recognize the wall sockets in your examples. Where are you from? I am just asking because I am curious as to where your model of the wall socket comes from.

24. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I had use this reference:
    http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/wall-socket-1024x572.jpg
    and this is form the asset:

25. GameTech

GameTech

26. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

27. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Modern 1.2 (with new 61 breakable elements and support for top-view and lateral-view) is ready in asset store!

28. Danirey

Danirey

Hi LuxUnity ,

It is a really good update! Thanks a lot for listen to the users!

Very good work!

I' have a forum threat for my game. I'm posting videos with the features and future updates HERE.

Cheers!

29. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Nice video!
    I'm glad that you like it. You could review the asset in asset store if you want.

30. Danirey

Danirey

Thank you. I will!

31. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Modern 1.25 with wall sockets for USA and UE in upload:

Thanks a lot!

32. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Modern 1.25 with wall sockets for USA and UE is ready in asset store!

33. derf

derf

Amazing asset once again! How about some dingy or damaged textures and stuff to create deteriorated interiors like damaged floor boards, slats showing through some walls, torn wallpaper, cracked stucco, cracked/broken windows and glass? The breakable walls was definitely needed and some breakable doors would be very nice too for both asset sets.

34. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'll put this in to do list.

35. cargo1983

cargo1983

Hi - I like this asset a lot. Just wondering whether there is any way to snap the elements together. I'm a bit of a n00b, but I've been trying ctrl-shift and drag but it doesn't really seem to work. Is there a different or better way? Or any reason that shortcut might not work? Just trying to snap together pieces of corridors and walls of rooms at this stage

36. eridani

eridani

Do the doors open and close in only one direction (like most real-life doors in houses) or do they swing freely in both directions? Thanks!

37. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

read this:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityHotkeys.html
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PositioningGameObjects.html

Only manor kit have script to animate door in it (with both direction to prevent door in face).

Generic Modular Modern Construction Kit door don't have a premade solution, so you'll must animate it how you like.

38. Thoreandon

Thoreandon

I dont understand why almost all parts are just onesided. I always have to align a backside to doors, walls etc. Even with a grid tool the parts do not align.
    I have ProGrid. Can you tell me what snap number i have to set so i can simply click doors, walls, corners together and also give them a backside?
    IMHO this set is too complicated to handle for quickly click some rooms together. Maybe i am doing something wrong. Maybe you can do a video or make a doc about the workflow. Looks like i am not the only one having trouble with this.

39. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

In this way you can have room with different wall textures and/or 3d elements.
    Every element is think to work with a 5x5 floor. In you like 4x4 instead, change the scales values from 1 to 0.8

Just snap the premade blocks using the floor as reference.

Perhaps are you using the single elements instead of the 5x5 premade blocks?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  40. Thoreandon

Thoreandon

I understand you but it would be much easier if you had premade blocks that dont need endless time for configuration.
    Whats missing (imho) are simple block tiles, with front and backsides, that can be clicked together with a snapping tool, so i can make a house level in 1 Minute.
    Perhaps think about it making it simpler to use. There is no asset like yours.

41. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

So you prefere double side elements like this, right?

In that case I'll add them in the next update

42. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Update in upload

43. Thoreandon

Thoreandon

Yes, looks much better, thanks a lot.
    There is no update in the Asset Store yet.

44. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Each upload on asset store must past an human check by asset store staff, usually it take at least 3 working days.

45. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Asset ready in asset store!

46. Thoreandon

Thoreandon

I have it, thanks, much better, but what still drive me nuts is that the parts do not snap together.
    Even if i have a snapsize of just 0.1 it does not fit, i always have a small space.
    I have a simple door part (double_sided_door_exterior) and a wall (double_sided_exterior_wall) and i have to manually adjust these parts without a grid tool, thats a pain.
    Or what do i wrong?

47. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Could you post a screen of that?

48. Thoreandon

Thoreandon

How does a screencapture help ? You only will see a small gap between the parts, depending on the grid settings.
    The question is, how DO YOU align Walls, Doors etc to build a simple room?. Do you use a grid tool, snap settings or use coordinates or else?
    How thick is a wallpart? If the thickness is a float like 0.3435 it will be impossible to align by a grid tool with a setting of 0.1. There will always be a gap or overlapping. And a snap setting of 0.0001 does not make much sense.

Use a door and 3 walls (the double sided prefabs i wrote above) to build a simple closed room. How do you align this so there are no gaps or overlapping parts? Do you use snap settings or align everything with the mouse until it fits or enter coordinates by 0.001 steps ?
    I think my question is very simple.

49. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

As you can see no strange float number are used:

Here my work flow:

V-snap and insert coordinate in inspector both work.

50. Thoreandon

Thoreandon

Sigh. Why dont you read my posts?
    I did not write about your premade blocks.
    The premade blocks dont help me much becouse there are single sided.
    There are so many parts and you dont have a tutorial or documentation to give examples of which ones to use for building complete interior and exterior rooms . In your video above you use the premade blocks but you only show the interior room. Outside, the room dont have walls. Thats useless.
    What parts do i need to close the exterior walls? I tried with different wall parts but then i have the same problem that i have to manually adjust them. Sigh.

But back to the double sided parts that you newly created:

As i said, i use 1 double_sided_door_exterior and 3 double_sided_exterior_wall to build a simple room.
    I put down 1 door, then i use 2 walls , rotate them 90 degrees and then i have to manually adjust them to fit left and right of the door part, thats annoying.
    These parts seem not to be made for snapping together and i actually dont understand that.

Perhaps i get on your nerves, but i invested hours try to figuring out how to use your stuff and i am not a noob.
    If i buy a modular room pack, i buy it becouse i want to save time building rooms. If i need to study architecture to use it, it is not what i have expected.
    I would like to use your pack but i simply dont understand how to use it without manually adjusting everything.