Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

Generic class not work!

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by WryMim, Apr 9, 2021.

1. WryMim

WryMim

I have a problem. I want to do a general class:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class DialogPlayableAsset : SignalPlayableAssetBase<DialogSignal> {}
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public abstract class SignalPlayableAssetBase<T> : PlayableAsset, ITimelineClipAsset where T : struct {
    3. public override Playable CreatePlayable... {
    4. ....
    5. return ScriptPlayable<Behaviour>.Create(graph, _behaviour);
    6. }
    7. }
    _behaviour:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class Behaviour : PlayableBehaviour {
    3. public override void ProcessFrame(Playable playable, FrameData info, object playerData) {
    4. ...
    5. // NOT WORK!
    6. }
    7. }
    If I create my own class (DialogPlayableAsset) which inherits from (SignalPlayableAssetBase) then PlayableBehaviour DOES NOT HAVE METHOD CALLS!

Zero errors on my part and on the C # side, everything is correct, please fix it!

2. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

3. WryMim

WryMim

And what prevents you from doing this? Why should I spend time trying to make YOUR product better? No thanks, let it be the worst.

4. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

It's your call.

There are plenty of users who have taken the time to fill complete bug reports, and their bugs will be addressed first, in respect for the time they have invested.

You have the code that reproduces your problem, all I ask is that you send it to me so I can assess exactly what is the problem.

5. WryMim

WryMim

What are you speaking about ? I have been working with Unity for a long time. You have not been able to fix a huge number of errors for 5-7 years already. Follow what I wrote in the first message and you will see an error. Thank you for everything, you are the best.

unityunity