Search Unity

Question Generation of the Firebase Android resource file google-services.xml from Oculus failed

Discussion in 'VR' started by Bean_std_nt, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Bean_std_nt

Bean_std_nt

Hi everyone, I imported Firebase into my Oculus project, the project works well, but everytime I end playing on editor, an error log shows up, very annoy:

Generation of the Firebase Android resource file google-services.xml from Assets/Oculus/SampleFramework/Usage/Firebase/google-services.json failed.
    If you have not included a valid Firebase Android resources in your app it will fail to initialize.

"D:\WorkingData\UnityProjects\MyProject\Assets\Firebase\Editor\generate_xml_from_google_services_json.exe" -i "Assets/Oculus/SampleFramework/Usage/Firebase/google-services.json" -l

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\d\firebase-cpp-sdk\generate_xml_from_google_services_json.py", line 494, in <module>
    File "C:\d\firebase-cpp-sdk\generate_xml_from_google_services_json.py", line 393, in main
    AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'get'
    [21060] Failed to execute script generate_xml_from_google_services_json

Hope someone can help to fix this problem
    Thank you!

Info:
    Unity 2020.3.14f
    Firebase auth, analytics, rtdb 8.6.2
    Oculus Integration ver 35.0
    Windows 10

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    AdamBebkoFV and kukuh_rahmat like this.
  2. kukuh_rahmat

kukuh_rahmat

I'm also having this problem

AdamBebkoFV likes this.
  3. AdamBebkoFV

AdamBebkoFV

I found the source of this error, in case anyone is still experiencing it. The key is the path that the error spits out:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/Oculus/SampleFramework/Usage/Firebase/google-services.json
    It is finding that file inside the oculus package, instead of the one you drag into the project.

I just renamed it to google-services_oculus.json