Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Generating Labels for Different Parts of Object at Runtime

Discussion in 'Computer Vision' started by FalseFeint, Jan 19, 2023.

1. FalseFeint

FalseFeint

Hi, I'm a complete beginner with Unity (just opened it for the first time this week) and am interested in using the perception module for a research project. I'd like to create a dataset of fruits and vegetables that have been peeled (like skin peeled from the flesh) by various amounts. If possible, I'd like to create a Randomizer that takes in a food object and randomly generates peeled sections on it that are labelled as flesh while the rest of the food item is labelled as skin.

Does anyone have recommendations for how to generate these randomly peeled sections so that they will change the color/texture of the object? Once I do that, how can I apply a transparent surface onto these peeled sections so that they can be labelled as flesh rather than skin?

I apologize if these questions are trivial, I don't know what I don't know and would be grateful for any help!