Search Unity

Generate Lightmap UV not working

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by MDASJK, Jan 21, 2019.

1. MDASJK

MDASJK

Hello,

I have a simple architectural scene (with no furnishing), that I have exported from 3dsmax. In the import settings in Unity, when I try to 'generate light map UV', Unity doesn't respond (as indicated from task manager).

I'm planning to use this scene for VR, hence the need for baked lighting. Artifacts appear when baking as shown from the screenshot below. I read that you have to generate light map UV for the model in order to stop this from occurring. Is there another way to solve this problem without having to generate light map UV?

How could I solve these issues?

Attached Files:

2. yusefkerr

yusefkerr

Hello, have you found a solution? I don't think "generate lightmap uvs" is working, I have it ticked, but if I click the asset in the scene view, the inspector says "The Gameobject has overlapping uvs...Please enable Generate Lightmap UVs on the asset or fix it in your modelling package". I've tried reimporting the asset, but no luck.

3. maliknouman1585

maliknouman1585

4. tricksfly

tricksfly

I have a simple architectural scene (with no furnishing), that I have exported from 3dsmax. In the import settings in Unity, when I try to 'generate light map UV', Unity doesn't respond (as indicated from task manager).