Search Unity

Question Generate Lighting comes out very pixellated

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Serendipitea, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Serendipitea

Serendipitea

Hi all, new to the Unity Forums here.
    I'm trying to generate lighting for a scene but keep running into an issue where the bake on the floor plane around the trees just gets royally messed up. I've tried messing with a few settings but not really seen much difference. Below are 3 screenshots- one of the image mid-bake, one of the scene at the end of the bake, and another of my editor settings. Would anyone know what I can do to get nicer lightmaps?
    We're using 2018.3.6 with the Universal Render Pipeline.

Early in bake:

Final Bake:

Editor settings:

2. Immersive-Matthew

Immersive-Matthew

I am having similar issues. I am new to Unity and have developed a really great looking scene but the frame rate started to suffer a little (I am running it on the Android based Oculus Quest) so I decided to bake most of the lighting as almost nothing moves. To my surprise the baked result was an utter mess and totally unusable (see before and after images attached). So I went looking for answers and found this video (
    ) and played around with all the settings suggested and each is just as bad in slightly different ways. I even tried huge values for parameters like 50 for Lightmap Padding and 5,000 for Direct Samples, Indirect Samples, and Environment Samples just to see what would happen and the result was pretty much the same. I am using low poly assets that have great reviews in the Asset Store with no mention of light baking issues. I am running 2019.3.9f1. Any suggestions outside of the ones made here? Surely I am just missing something as I cannot believe Unity would be this bad at baking in 2020.

Aside from baking, is it just me or are lights in general really challenging and downright glitchy?

Thanks for your help

Attached Files: