Search Unity

Bug Generate font asset of specific font cause unity crash

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by goohhh111, Mar 7, 2021.

1. goohhh111

goohhh111

Attached Files:

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I will try to take a closer look at this later today.

Can you please check if you still get the crash with a smaller texture size. I believe using a texture size of 8192 x 8192 is resulting in some memory issue which would be affected by system resources available on your system.

Like I said, I will look into this but I would recommend using atlas textures that are no larger than 4096 x 4096 and possibly no larger than 2048 x 2048 as this is the maximum supported by still many mobile devices.

Is there a reason you are using an 8K texture?

3. goohhh111

goohhh111

I use large texture size because I used to create font of CJK characters, which is a large amount.
    In this case, I can use smaller texture size.

I also tried the same config but with smaller texture size -- like 1024 x 1024, but still cause the crash.

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I'll take a closer look today with that font as a crash with smaller texture would be a different potential issue.

Do you get this crash with any characters that you are trying to add or specific ones? If specific ones, can you provide me with those characters or unicode values of these characters?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Had a chance to look at this and the issue seems to be related to the name of the font should be Latin.

I suggest renaming the font family name to be Latin and then let me know if you still have the issue then.