Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Generate Bindings fails if project is on a non-C drive

Discussion in 'Cloud Code' started by BackgroundMover, Apr 2, 2024.

1. BackgroundMover

BackgroundMover

I submitted a bug report, but if anyone is failing to generate bindings from a CCM asset, maybe its because your project is on a different drive than C:

Notice in
    Packages/com.unity.services.cloudcode/Editor/Authoring/Deployment/Modules/FileSystem.cs

on line 60, theres a call to Directory.Move()

One of the exceptions listed is, if attempting to move the directory to a different volume
    Directory.Move(String, String) Method (System.IO) | Microsoft Learn

So if theres anywhere else in Unity that uses Directory.Move() and copying from TEMP into the project, this bug could probably appear there as well

Looking at
    Packages\com.unity.services.cloudcode\Editor\Authoring\Modules\Bindings\CloudCodeModuleBindingsGenerator.cs

its probably that
    GetSolutionCompilationOutputPath()

GetBindingsGenerationOutputTempFolder()

are using
    Path.GetTempPath()

instead of the project
    /temp
    directory

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    Kurutah likes this.
  2. GabKBelmonte

GabKBelmonte

Unity Technologies

Hey!

I'm on the team that developed this, do you mind linking the ticket? I'll make sure it gets addressed

Cheers!

3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

4. unity_rLrstvXScQEvow

unity_rLrstvXScQEvow

It's exactly the same for me. Did you copy the project to C:/, create the bindings and then delete the project again? I wouldn't want to continue working on C:/.

5. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Yes, I temporarily moved the project to C: just to generate the bindings, then moved it back.

unity_rLrstvXScQEvow likes this.
  6. BackgroundMover

BackgroundMover

Another workaround is to modify the Cloud Code package source
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.cloudcode\Editor\Authoring\Modules\Bindings\CloudCodeModuleBindingsGenerator.cs

line 238
    change Path.GetTempPath() to "/temp"

or without changing source, another workaround might be to change your system's Environment Variables, and point TEMP and TMP to a new temp folder on your project's drive. But I hven't tested this

CodeSmile likes this.