Search Unity

GENERAL REFUNDS THREAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by overthere, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Thank you! I just got a response telling me to ask the support team. But the inquiry where I got this case number was sent there, using graham's link.
    Now should I submit this issue again or not?

@Baroni
    Yes, I assume 6 Weeks for refunds to get processed. But I have had an issue with the credit card form to finish up my approved refund request.

2. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

We've received it and it looks to have been processed.

That was the response from the Sales team right? Since you already sent a support ticket and it's pending right now, there is no need to contact support again. They will be in touch.

3. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

alright, cool, thanks again!

4. TrentSterling

TrentSterling

Another person who hasn't heard anything since March 13th. Case # 00175253. Could I get an update too, Aurore?

5. 6510CPU

6510CPU

Thanks Aurore for response.

I have received the email with link for the refund, and filled in form, with 'REFUND SUCCESSFUL' message.

Will wait for funds to be transferred.

I lost a bit of faith in Unity yesterday when the refund was declined, but it was just an error.

I probably over reacted a bit.

Apologies to the Unity team for jumping the gun, especially to John Riccitiello, keep up the good work.

Now I can get on the asset store and and get a few asset packs when the funds have cleared.

Thanks to all involved in getting this sorted, especially Aurore for the quick responses.

Thanks again Unity

6. ibyte

ibyte

Aurore, thanks for understanding! and passing along my issue.

Aurore likes this.
  7. Aurore

Aurore

It's way past the end of the day so Angie has gone home, I'll let her know you're waiting for a response It may be a case that we're actually waiting for another department to get back to us, there are a few cases on hold for this. I'll find out in the morning.

No problem, sorry for the confusion I know it's not convenient.

Not a problem :)

8. bigSadFace

bigSadFace

Assuming that the new Unity 5 pricing model wasn't a knee jerk reaction to competitors pricing strategy, do you not think it was somewhat irresponsible to allow sales of Unity 5 pre-orders through channels which you knew you would not be able to provide refunds?

Stormbreaker likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Did I miss something here? My time-frame?

so unity 5 was not in public beta July 2014?? so even though my License is Unity 4/5 Pro??

I just can not get a break these days...

oh well...

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello Patrick,

Your subscription isn't eligible for cancelation until July 2015. If you have any questions please contact subscription@unity3d.com.

Cheers,
    Ryane

---------------------------------------------------------

10. TrentSterling

TrentSterling

My refund came through! Just stick with it guys! Thank you Unity. ;)

11. CarpetHead

CarpetHead

Has anybody had any luck with studica UK?

Stormbreaker likes this.
  12. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Yes. See my post replying to you in the "Unity heads - caveat" thread.

13. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Yes, I've helped students get refunds. Mention my name if you have problems when talking to Studica UK on the phone.

14. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Just to confirm I received a full refund from Unity today via paypal. It seems they refunded the original payment, which is normal, and hopefully that means no fee for Unity to make the transaction. ... anyway, thanks for fixing that finally.

15. Baroni

Baroni

Reply from orders_uk@studica.com:
    He goes on with the super nice comparison image already posted in this post by @tweedie. This is the answer directly from Frank Nanfara, President and CEO of Studica Ltd. Mentioning your name @Graham Dunnett in my email has not had any effect other than getting the CEO into this, how it seems.

Edit: After discussing why I would like to get a refund and pointing out that other students got a refund too, they are sending me a check for the initial price minus 15%. I am happy with that, so thanks for all your efforts Unity team.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  16. Velo222

Velo222

imaginaryhuman did you use a debit card or a credit card at all? I'm just curious. It sounds like Graham said either one WILL work, but it just takes some doing on their part.

I'm trying to prepare the best I can for this process, which sounds a bit hectic from the looks of it -- and I want to be prepared. I purchased a Pro License through the Unity online store, and payed via Paypal. I just submitted a refund request via the store webform I believe.

I'm assuming somewhere in this process I will need to provide Unity with a credit/debit card number correct? Once you submit the webform do you wait for an email from them?

I am expecting this to take the 4 - 6 weeks, and I can wait, but I want to be prepared and expedite the process as much as possible, with as little confusion as possible with all involved. Thanks.

17. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I dont know if my case is typical because I made some noise and also some other Unity support person got involved. I had tried debit cards only, 2 different ones, and neither worked. I did not try a credit card. Either way, Unity did a paypal refund. Can't say if they'll do that in all cases, no idea.

18. Velo222

Velo222

Okay, no problem. Thanks for sharing the info. I think, in the end, everything will get sorted out, but it sounds like Graham's team is swamped.

19. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

when they're talking about the eligibility for a refund:
    "an individual (not acting on behalf of a Legal Entity) or a Sole Proprietor that has reached annual gross revenues in excess of US$100,000 from its use of the Software during the most recently completed fiscal year, which does not include any income earned by that individual which is unrelated to its use of the Software." What does than mean?
    Creation of games sold on marketplaces? assets sold on the unity asset store and the unity asset sore only?
    Not super clear to me. didn't read the whole thread though. Don't have a lot of time... Can someone elaborate on that?
    Thanks a lot.

20. Aurore

Aurore

@Velo222 Once your refund is processed and you are asked to enter your card details, only credit cards are accepted on this form. You can receive a debit card and a Paypal refund but these take longer to process. I'm told that if you had paid by Paypal originally, you can receive a refund through your credit card.

21. wccrawford

wccrawford

If you earn $100k with Unity, you need to buy Pro. From any income source, so long as it involved Unity somehow.

Any income that doesn't not involve Unity does not matter.

I'm glad to see they really cleared that wording up. It was more vague last time I read through it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Graham-Dunnett and Aurore like this.
  22. Velo222

Velo222

Thanks for the quick reply Aurore. I only have a "debit card" however. I don't have just a regular "credit card". So should I still enter my debit card information on the form (I'm assuming it will be rejected if I do from the sound of it)? Should I leave it blank? What should I do in that case? Will I have to come on this thread when that happens and just let you guys know?

Thank you.

23. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Try with your debit card. If it blows up, email support and ask them to help.

24. Velo222

Velo222

Will do. Thanks Graham :)

25. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm still waiting to hear back from the support team in regards to my refund. I've already deactivated my pro licence and I'm now using Unity Personal Edition, still awaiting a response. I submitted my refund request on March 3rd.

I also noticed that I have a Level 11 access in the asset store, though I deactivated Pro on my laptop.

Thanks a bunch.

26. Aurore

Aurore

Deactivating your Pro account through managing your license is not the same as us deactivating it, so it's likely it is still active in our systems.

Did you fill in the refund form? I don't see it in our system under your e-mail address, or did you contact support?

KRGraphics likes this.
  27. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Umm... I am now downgraded to a "Personal Edition" but I can't get past a screen that demands I make up a name for my non-existant company???? IS THIS A JOKE???

What do I put here? There is no company.

*edit: whatever who cares. it's your records. I'll just be a hobbiest. Just give me my money back.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 10.41.24 AM.png

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  28. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Yes, I filled it out... I have two email addresses so that may be holding things up. I used that email address when I bought my pro licence

Sent you a PM

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  29. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

If you've ticked the box on the "Just a few questions" window that says you are a "professional - I use unity for my work" then the assumption is that you are employed by a company. If you don't have a company, then tick the "Hobbyist" button.

HTH

30. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

For that you fill out the refund form. Guess this means you've had confirmation that the plugin you have will never work for 5.x. I never saw your email to the vendor, but no matter.

31. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey, graham, I just resent my refund request (had to use my current email address), and where is this Hobbyist button?

32. Aurore

Aurore

We've received it.

33. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

*shrug* it's all very arbitrary and it's the wrong assumption isn't it. Whatever. As long as I get my money back I don't care how wrong your data is.
    That's a ridiculous statement. The vendor is Reallusion. Email them if YOU want. They aren't the ones who changed the Unity license 8 months after I paid for it. Nice pointing the finger tho. Here's their contact information:
    http://www.reallusion.com/about/aboutus.aspx

I'm not asking for a refund from THEM, I'm asking a refund from YOU. That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

34. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

You guys are awesome.

Aurore likes this.
  35. Velo222

Velo222

Just wanted to say thank you to Graham and Aurore and whoever else is helping with the refund process. My experience with the refund process was painless, and the whole thing was very easy to do. Thank you for all of your help.

Aurore likes this.
  36. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

@wetcircuit - I thought you wanted to get a 5.x refund and switch to 4.x, and I've offered to help you. If my help is all too much, then do it on your own. I did invite you to involve me in a discussion with the vendor you purchased an asset from. If you don't want to do that, then that's fine with me. But I thought you wanted a 4.x license, so offered to help you get that. If you only want a refund and a 5.x license, then I don't think there is anything you need from me.

Rajmahal and NomadKing like this.
  37. WilliamBNewton

WilliamBNewton

So what exactly is happening with my refund? There's 10 days left until it's been 6 weeks. I've been plenty patient, but as I asked in my message, can I just get my refund through paypal instead of a wire transfer (seeing how I don't have a bank with a Swift or Iban code), or is the wire transfer already in progress or something?

38. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Gee. I know the difference in "help" and fatuous condescension, thanks. No idea why you have decided to target me with your crappy attitude, but it clearly has nothing to do with me (and no, that is not even close to what I'd said in another thread - nor do I understand how returning 5Pro and buying 4Pro instead would even make sense)....

Somehow I have staggered through life without you up to now, and should I require a Pro license to recover my projects I'm sure I can rebuy 5Pro all by my wittle self - I did it just fine before.... Please troll someone else now because you are just turning me off from your company.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  39. John-Riccitiello

John-Riccitiello

Unity Technologies

I think we can take care of this pretty quickly. Seems the web form is not working. Pls email us at support@unity3d.com and provide us the basics: a copy of the PDF, and details on name / address so we can process the appropriate refund. Best, John

40. Aurore

Aurore

Have you been in touch with Bronte recently and provided the information she requested?

41. WilliamBNewton

WilliamBNewton

I provided the info immediately after receiving her email. After a few days I then decided to ask about paypal. Once I posted in the thread, Graham got ahold of me, and said he had passed on the paypal info to Bronte and marked my preference on the ticket. He also told me that I would not be able to do a wire transfer with my bank seeing how it does not have a Swift or iban code (possibly the reason my card had problems in the first place?).

That was friday, and as I understand it's a holiday locally at the moment, so while I haven't heard back from Bronte since receiving the initial form, I'm hoping with what Graham helped me with Friday the process will be moved along in the next few days (hopefully completed).

42. Aurore

Aurore

Bronte will be in contact (she may have been already). Since we've all had Easter off we're a little behind.

43. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Good morning guys,

I got an email in regards to my refund and it was declined because the invoice I used was not the correct one. They are asking for the Unity 5 invoice and I would like to know if I can send it to you guys directly so I don't have to write that long paragraph again? Thanks.

44. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

UPDATE: I have sent the correct invoice to the support team with the original email attached. The case number is 00177152. I hope to hear for you guys soon in regards to this. Thanks a bunch.

45. Aurore

Aurore

I've PM'd you the info you need, additionally you need to submit the form again for it be processed correctly, you should have a response from Bronte soon. Sorry about that.

46. ibyte

ibyte

Hi John,email sent. Thanks for the quick response and understanding.

47. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I should be all set... just submitted the request again with the correct info.

48. WilliamBNewton

WilliamBNewton

I'm starting to lose my patience here. The 14th was the last day of the "Up to 6 weeks" period for me to receive my refund. It's been 17 days since I initially asked if I could receive my refund through paypal instead of through a wire transfer, including what my paypal account was in each contact with a Unity employee I've talked. I waited 15 days to actually hear from the finance department about paypal, only to be asked what the e-mail associated with my paypal was, even though I've included that in pretty much any contact I've made.

And now it's been several days since then without anything from Unity or any refund hitting my PayPal account.

I have been patient, I've spent days and weeks waiting for responses from people. I've always been polite, given quick responses to e-mails. I've been ignored for days and weeks by employees, never been given any form of timeline for this other than "we said it could take up to 6 weeks).

I'm past the 6 weeks I was told to wait for my refund, what do I have to do get my refund that has already been approved and that your company already has the info to process? What is the hold up? If paypal is for some reason not going to work, how about overnighting a check?

It actually pains me to be in this situation. Everyone has been polite to me, but when it comes down to it polite hasn't helped resolve my issue. I want my refund now. I've waited what was expected.

49. Aurore

Aurore

Bronte will be in touch with an update of what's going on, sorry for all the trouble.

WilliamBNewton likes this.
  50. WilliamBNewton

WilliamBNewton

Thank you. I apologize if I'm coming off rude here, I do understand how rough customer support can be when things get overloaded and I do really appreciate all the help.

However I'd really suggest that Unity puts into place some sort of blanket policies as far as sending reply confirmation emails that have some sort of timeframe to expect a response in when dealing with customers via email. It almost seems like half the messages I've sent over emails havent been received or the backlog isn't days, but weeks.

Which if that's the case, my sincerest sympathy to all of your customer service team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.