Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For Project General hobbist looking for project

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by BelligerentGames, May 20, 2023.

1. BelligerentGames

BelligerentGames

I'm looking to broaden my skill set in various aspects of game development and I think that joining a project would be a beneficial step to start building a portfolio. Let me share a bit about myself:

I have an interest in many fields of game development, but I've yet to create a video game. However, I have made a tabletop game, which I'm planning to launch on Kickstarter in the coming months. This project has given me significant exposure to the principles of game design. It has also enhanced my familiarity with Adobe products, as I've created 2D graphics for various elements of the game. While I wouldn't consider myself a good artist, I can usually produce something "decent" with enough effort.

My tabletop game also includes game pieces that I've sculpted using Zbrush and Blender. I dabble in 3D printing, so I've also created custom models for that purpose. A few years ago, I fully sculpted, rigged, weighted, and animated a 3D human character using UE4 and Blender. Recently, I've decided to pick up game development again, this time focusing on Unity.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been grinding through tutorials and classes on C# and Unity. I've managed to build a 2D procedurally generated world using cellular automation, and even drew, rigged, and animated a 2D character to move around in this world.

I'm a musician with around 20 years of experience playing the guitar. I've also picked up drums, bass, piano, and singing over the years. I have experience using Studio One as my DAW of choice, having mixed songs in the past.

So, if your project could benefit from:

• 3D Modeling
    • 2D Sprite Creation
    • Animation
    • World Building
    • C# Programming
    • Original Music
    • Sound Design
    • General Game Design
    • or anything else that you may need help with
    Please reach out. I'm looking to expand my skills in any areas related to game development.