Search Unity

GearVR touchpad problem

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by deflix73, Nov 18, 2015.

1. deflix73

deflix73

Hello guys,
    I'm just using Unity 5 with the Samsung Gear VR for developing an Android APP.

What I'd want to do, is to use the touchpad to scroll a simple "scrollbar" in Unity. Now, Unity should capture the input of the touchpad just like it would does with a mouse, but I got various problems.

1) When I try to scroll down with the touchpad, the Unity scrollbar goes UP instead of going down, and that's quite weird. I already tryed to invert the Y Axis, but with no results.

2) The worst problem I got, is that when I try to scroll (no matter the direction, up or down), I lose the focus point of the cursor. It's quite strange to explain, but let's try with an example:

Button 1 <-- cursor
    Button 2
    Button 3 <-- selection (weird!!!)

That's what happen basically after I use the touchpad. It's quite strange isn't it?
    I had to make a simple click to fix everything again.

There is no need to post my code, because it's all about DEFAULT CODE and DEFAULT INTEGRATION with UNITY.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

2. shakhruz

shakhruz

Hi,
    I had something similar when I was trying to make a scrolling text, it was default setup with scrollview, no custom code and it was trying to invert Y axis.

Somehow after a few tryouts by rebuilding it from scratch it worked fine.