Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GearVR Flicker in Forward Render Mode OSX 5.4 b22

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by dwmsco, Jun 26, 2016.

1. dwmsco

dwmsco

I was working on a GearVR project at the office on my Win64 workstation running the latest release of Unity (Non-Beta). I decided to try the beta at home on my Macbook Pro, and compiled my project in 5.4 b22. Immediately I experienced this HORRIBLE flicker of the brightness when running anything at all. Doesn't seem to be having to do with anything in the scene, this is a total flicker of the phone (Galaxy Note 5). Looks to be a terrible bug having to do with Forward Rendering mode set in build settings. Setting to deferred fixed the flickering issue.

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. Ron-Monsen

Ron-Monsen

I noticed the same thing and reported it as a bug in another post along with the fact I lost all sound on my Android GearVR app beginning in b21. The compiled application in b22 flickers so bad that I thought I would have an epileptic seizure!

I thought I could make a project to upload as a bug to show this and I compiled a "small" app to see if it would flicker and it did not - and of course my main

MrEsquire likes this.
  4. jnoffke

jnoffke

It has to do with AA. I reported this as a bug already here

MrEsquire likes this.
unityunity