Search Unity

GearVR - entitlement check not running

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by DanielWichterich, Sep 24, 2018.

1. DanielWichterich

DanielWichterich

Hi,
    I can't seem to run that entitlement check which I need to release to the oculus store. In unity I used this sample code from the documentation. I attached that to a gameobject in my starting scene and entered my App ID in the Edit Platform Settings. When I check in the editor everything seems fine. But when I build the app and check in the Gear i don't get any debug messages (neither pass nor fail message). So it seems like my entitlement script is not run at all. Of course when pushing to the store the app is declined because of that. Do you have any idea what is going on here? Why does the script not run?
    Thanks!
    Daniel

(Unity v2018.2 - Oculus Integration for Unity 1.29.0)

2. Claytonious

Claytonious

If you would post your code and more details then one of us might be able to help spot the problem.

3. DanielWichterich

DanielWichterich

I solved the problem: I actually had to install the Oculus Windows Software (that 10gb thing for the Oculus Rift). That should definately find its way into the documentation because it is nowhere stated...

4. spacefrog

spacefrog

Hey Daniel
    That sounds strange. How did you test in the editor at all without the Rift software installed ? To my knowledge the whole desktop side of oculus platform things ( including editor ) do not work without the rift software installed as it requires the oculus service to be running ...

5. DanielWichterich

DanielWichterich

Hi Josef,
    actually I didn't do any testing in the Editor with the headset on because I believed it's not possible with the GearVR. Or is it?

Apart from the entitlement check it was no problem at all. I just imported the Oculus integration from the Unity Asset Store.

6. spacefrog

spacefrog

If you don'T have a rift, then it's not possible testing in the editor of course .. Seems i missed that,
    But then again i find it curious that in case you are only targeting the gear ( = android) directly and have all the necessities set up ( android manifest, ossig in correct place in the project etc.. ) that this should ever require the oculus PC software as you never run the thing on the PC then ...