Search Unity

GearVR and Samsung Gamepad

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ALFREDOSKY, Oct 12, 2015.

1. ALFREDOSKY

ALFREDOSKY

Hi all, I develop games and VR environments in Unity3d, I want to use a samsung gamepad with GearVR but I do not sure how gamepad(bluetooth) works, is this mapping like any other gamepad or joystick in InputManager? or maybe I need download something or plugin, or write some code? I searched for information(not much info found about it) but what I found confuse me a little bit, please anybody who manage cases like this or guys from unity team who can help me it would be great. thanks in advance.

2. drewnashty1937

drewnashty1937

I'm pretty sure I got the gamepad to work simply by using the InputManager.asset file from the Oculus Mobile SDK package. Instead of playing the guessing game with the 20 different axis available in Unity.

Download the latest Mobile SDK kit from Oculus

Unzip the package and open > VrSamples > Unity > UnityIntegration > ProjectSettings

Essentially to get all the ideal settings for the Gear VR platform you should copy the entire contents of the Mobile SDK ProjectSettings folder into the ProjectSettings folder of your project.

Unfortunately our Samsung Gamepads are currently deployed so I can't do a quick build and test it for you.