Search Unity

GEARGUNS.COM

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by GearGuns, Jan 3, 2016.

1. GearGuns

GearGuns

Announcement of the game «GEAR GUNS - Tank offensive»

This single player project will offer you a spectacular journey through destroyed cities, with epic battles, a gripping storyline and a cool tank, a good mood is guaranteed! No donations, free-to-play, etc. Please join our group to check for updates and help the project with your advice and comments!

In this project, you will be able to:
    • Fight alien invaders
    • Take an epic ride in a tank
    • Have an extreme flight inside a warplane
    • Burn everything that moves with your flamethrower!
      P.S. There’s also a beautiful girl you will have to save :))
    Please go to our Steam page:
    Steam Greenlight «GEAR GUNS - Tank offensive»

If you vote for the project, it will help us to release it on Steam in the summer of 2016.
    Let's vote and do it together!

GEARGUNS - Tank offensive! Please stay tuned and join our group ;)
    Official site Vkontakte Facebook Twitter

Alien dreadnoughts, dizzying flights, combat operations with unpredictable outcomes - all this awaits you in the project GEARGUNS - Tank offensive!

One of the locations is a sea port, where destructive and abnormal tornados are awaiting!

There is a variety of enemies in GEARGUNS-Tank offensive - fast spiders bearing a charge of energy, slow robots firing their beamers at you. Huge insidious bosses! Beware of the Snake-like robot.

The ruined stadium resembles the Coliseum. Feel like a gladiator of the modern world!

A captured alien artifact gives more power to your tank, but also has a negative effect! Be careful with alien artifacts.

Not everyone will be able to get through the alien traps! Drive your tank carefully.

There’s another epic location – an underground alien laboratory where they are experimenting with human beings.

The game Gear Guns -Tank offensive will offer you a gripping storyline! This screenshot shows one of the characters - General Ford, who directs our squad.

Dynamic battles with aliens on a background of urban buildings and an amusement park!

An enemy dreadnought is capturing a military laboratory.

Alien traps are waiting for you at every step! They are particularly dangerous at night, when visibility is deteriorating.

Your squad will have to fight not only on land and in the air, but also under the ground! Use your flamethrower to burn out an alien swarm in an underground cave.

One of the locations is a destroyed warship which was captured by the aliens.

In «GEAR GUNS - Tank offensive» you are not only able to move on land, but you also can fly firing your favorite weapon at enemies.

and a special thanks - Unity3D for Extremely cool engine!

Hello everyone, there’s the demo of our project «GEAR GUNS Tank offensive» just as we’ve promised – it represents one of the levels in the game. At the moment it’s rather a prototype of the game mechanics – an alpha version! So please do not judge too strictly:) In the future there’ll be changes to the balance, gameplay and scenario content.

Please describe in comments, what bugs you could find.
    What would you change in the project?

The installation process is the following: Follow the link below and download the installer 200mb -> Install the game on your computer -> Run it and have fun playing our game)

http://gearguns.com/GEARGUNS-TankOffensiveDemo.exe

Controls of the game - use:

WASD – to move
    left control - to change the transmission back-forward
    left Shift - to change the transmission forward-back
    Mouse scroll button ( up/down) - to change the weapons
    Left mouse button – to shoot
    Esc – to get to the game menu.

Requirements:
    CPU: Intel i3 core
    GPU: GeForce 6800
    RAM: 4GB
    Free Disk Space: 500mb
    System: Windows 7/8/10

Recommended Requirements:
    CPU: Intel i5 core
    GPU: GeForce 960
    RAM: 8GB

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Wow! This actually looks very cool. Seems like it will be a load of fun. Great work on the aliens and really like the idea of using a modern day tank instead of having some advanced weaponry. Kind of makes it all seem better this way.

3. GearGuns

GearGuns

Thank you for good opinion;)

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

This game is visually beautiful, and the game play looks fun as well.

One peculiar thing I noticed - which seemed oddly out of place, the 1980's era battleship stuck in the middle of the battle seen here in this image. All battleships have been decommissioned since the mid 2000's.

Everything else looks pretty brilliant! Great work.

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I kind of think that if aliens are kicking our butts, we would pretty much un-decommission everything in sight, money no object ;)

Martin_H and theANMATOR2b like this.
  6. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

This looks fantastic! The gameplay looks fun (who doesnt want to blow stuff up ;)) and the visuals looks amazing. Great job. :)

7. zenGarden

zenGarden

That's just a freaking awesome game. Tank Vs aliens , it reminds me in some way Hearth Defense Force,
    the graphics are amazing.
    I don't see very reflective surfaces ,do you use PBR or old legacy shaders ?
    Also the game keeps a good coloring, did you use some LUT ?

8. ironbellystudios

ironbellystudios

@theANIMATOR2b - So what you're saying is in a world of tanks and aliens your #1 complaint on realism is a battleship? :)

Haha - this game looks great though. Really excited to see it all the way to completion.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  9. GearGuns

GearGuns

Hello everyone, there’s the demo of our project «GEAR GUNS Tank offensive» just as we’ve promised – it represents one of the levels in the game. At the moment it’s rather a prototype of the game mechanics – an alpha version! So please do not judge too strictly:) In the future there’ll be changes to the balance, gameplay and scenario content.

Please describe in comments, what bugs you could find.
    What would you change in the project?

The installation process is the following: Follow the link below and download the installer 200mb -> Install the game on your computer -> Run it and have fun playing our game)

http://gearguns.com/GEARGUNS-TankOffensiveDemo.exe

Controls of the game - use:

WASD – to move
    left control - to change the transmission back-forward
    left Shift - to change the transmission forward-back
    Mouse scroll button ( up/down) - to change the weapons
    Left mouse button – to shoot
    Esc – to get to the game menu.

Requirements:
    CPU: Intel i3 core
    GPU: GeForce 6800
    RAM: 4GB

Recommended Requirements:
    CPU: Intel i5 core
    GPU: GeForce 960
    RAM: 8GB

RavenOfCode likes this.
  10. GearGuns

GearGuns

Please download our demo project. Give it a try – play our demo – your opinion about our project is very important to us.

11. GearGuns

GearGuns

We are very proud to inform all of our fans that our game "GEARGUNS Tank offensive" has already received the GreenLight approval of the community!

We’d like to thank all the people who have voted for this project! Thanks to each of you, the green light is received in such a short period of time - just 9 days. We promise not to fail you and make an excellent game asap. We’ll keep informing you about everything related to the project, post news and screenshots in our social networks:

gearguns.com
    vk.com/gearguns
    facebook.com/gearguns
    twitter.com/_GearGuns_

And as today is such a big day :) We are going to celebrate this event! And we wish everyone who supports us more such wonderful days;)

Mister-D, zenGarden and RavenOfCode like this.
  12. GearGuns

GearGuns

Hello everyone, meet great changes in «GEAR GUNS Tank offensive»!

A new Survival Mode is added: the player will have to capture enemy bases in order to stop the alien invasion.

Various bonuses for a successful game progress are added.

Basic missions in Story Mode are added: you will not only play them on the tank, but also on a military plane and a military truck!

On fans' request the acceleration of the tank is added for sharp movements and dodging enemy projectiles; new weapons are added to the tank.

For better orientation in the game levels markers of the objectives are added in the missions and a lot of other things about which you can learn on the project website www.gearguns.com

A new web site www.gearguns.com is created, there you can learn lots of new information about the project: how the project began, how and who made it, and what is being planned to be done in the future.

In future it is planned to finish the dubbing of all the game characters in all the cut scenes, and generally remake all the sounds in the project. To announce a mobile version of this project and release «GEAR GUNS Tank offensive» on Steam. Believe me, the work on the project is going on every day, and I am trying to make the project better and complete it as soon as possible!

Big thanks to all the fans of the project and just curious people for advice and comments on how to improve the project! Please follow the project and stay tuned ;)

RavenOfCode and theANMATOR2b like this.
  13. ToshoDaimos

ToshoDaimos

This game feels to me a bit like Duke Nukem 3D... very old-school. I wonder how it sells. Production values are top-notch!

14. Vegetables

Vegetables

Very impressive! I'm curious, how many people worked on this project?

15. GearGuns

GearGuns

Thank you for your attention to the project;) here you can read more information about creator of this project and history of the project and what you can expect in the future:

www.gearguns.com/index.php/about

16. artisticmechanics

artisticmechanics

17. GearGuns

GearGuns

RavenOfCode likes this.
  18. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I loved the original trailer but the new trailer is awful, 0/10 sorry. It's terrible because it's cheesy and text keeps interrupting me with flashes like some horrific 90's pop video.

I think it's a good game, but a terrible trailer that just hurts my face. In fact it seems more hell bent on hiding the game and scamming me than actually engaging me and making me feel excited to see gameplay.

19. GearGuns

GearGuns

Sorry about that! I promise next trailers will be more like first one - hope you will like it :)

RavenOfCode likes this.
  20. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

This is just epic...
    I like the game's fast pace, plus the vast environment. But one thing that bothers me is since you're (controlling) a tank, they will be a limited amount of weapons used I guess... Or there will be more than one tank type?
    But other than that, I'm quite impressed, and I'm not often doing so....

21. GearGuns

GearGuns

You will not only play them on the tank, but also on a military plane and a military truck! Each combat vehicle has its own special weapon, and of course ammo an endless! to make the game more fun more arcade :rolleyes:

22. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

Ah, yes, I was only watching the first trailer when I wrote that. I found that player are not only using tank after watching the trailers in the steam page.
    btw, cmiiw, but I saw/read in one of the trailers that this will be available on mobile too?

23. GearGuns

GearGuns

Yes i will try in some future announce new game for google play store and steam it will be something like rts mode with story and many other things) with the same story but from other angle and other persons etc.

bart_the_13th likes this.
  24. GearGuns

GearGuns

New and hot gifs from my project GEARGUNS Tank Offensive what you think about it?:rolleyes:

25. GearGuns

GearGuns

Hello friends. My project GEAR GUNS - Tank offensive is almost released on the Steam. And now i want to ask you - how you think, what number of steam trade cards better to adding in my project? Because realy I dont know how much better - less or more trade cards?

And what day better for release? I mean start selling in holidays or better in the middle of the week? Please give me advice.

And new gifs for inspiration:))

26. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Wow. Looks amazing....Wish I had your artists. :)

27. GearGuns

GearGuns

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

Haven't bought it yet, but it's looking cool and when i get home i will check it out!

Are there plans to implement customization or multiplayer?

29. GearGuns

GearGuns

Yes in the future i have plans to create a sequel including multiplayer mode, various amounts of vehicles, more languages and a nonlinear storyline. But its posible only if - players will like my game.

30. salex100m

salex100m

Wow, this literally looks like the most fun game to come out since Quake2's (Aliens vs Marine Mod).