Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Gear VR Rendering Issue with Unity 4.6.X

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by phil_lira, Feb 5, 2015.

1. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

The issue is being experienced on a Note 4 with a stock firmware, mobile SDK 0.4.2 and Unity 4.6.2
    The problem cannot be reproduced on Unity 4.6beta18 or older.

I get a tearing black effect on both eyes. It cover abouth half texture space. This is not the black spaces that appears on the corners due to Timewarp. It seems like a vsync tearing problem. Sorry, I cannot post an image about the effect due to NDA.

Doing an app switch fixes it. So I thought at first i was something due to the pause/resume flow. I double checked everything, the camera textures are being created prior to OVRPluginEvent.Issue( RenderEventType.Resume );,
    OVRPluginEvent.IssueWithData( eventType, texId ); is being called for both Left and Right eye. Tried disabling multithread renderging.

I even put a GPU profiler and captured a trace for both Unity versions, the only apparent difference is that Beta18 binds the GL_ARRAY_BUFFER and GL_ELEMENTS_ARRAY_BUFFER to different buffers while the Unity 4.6.X binds to to the same. I can send the trace if that helps. I can send logcat files too.

I'm completely in the dark here. Any Ideas?

2. TheSeanLavery

TheSeanLavery

Did you ever figure this out?