Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Gear VR: Package Access Helper has stopped

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by CineTek, Apr 10, 2015.

1. CineTek

CineTek

Hey,

I got my Note 4 + Gear VR two days ago and I was finally able to test the builds me and my team were doing for the last couple of weeks.
    The Note 4 runs the latest official Lollipop version (5.0.1) and I am using Unity 5.0.1 for developing.

At first everything was fine, the builds were running and we could easily make some tweaks and add new features.

But suddenly, for no good reason, I can not install custom builds anymore! "Package Access Helper has stopped" during installation. I went back to an earlier build I made just a few minutes ago and it worked. But - the only thing I changed in Unity was the scene number! So I switched it back and built it again...

Edit:

I was able to build the other scene again. It works in all cases. The new scene however seems to produce the bug (on my device only). So.... what does that mean?

The only thing that helped was hard-resetting the device and downgrading it to KitKat (4.4.4?) again. Then I was able to build and install my builds again.

Until 5 minutes ago, when the exact same thing happened!

Couldn´t really find anything on the web yet.

The weird thing is: My two colleagues were able to install the builds everytime without a problem.

I´ve got a German 910F version, maybe that has something to do with it?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. ozoner

ozoner

I had the same issue and could not find a resolve. The other night for no reason at all I ran my device ID on the oculus web site to get a new file. Deleted the old device ID file and replaced it with the new one and all was up and running.

For Mobile work here is my configuration:

MBP (2013)
    OSX 10.10.2
    Unity 5 Pro 5.0.1
    Unity Android Pro
    Oculus 0.5.0.1 RunTime
    Oculus 0.5.0 Moile

3. Thom_Denick

Thom_Denick

I am on a Samsung Note4.

I am seeing this too, now with the same settings as you guys (except I am on U5 5.0.0p2). I'm considering downgrading to Unity4 as I seem to keep running into stuff like this. I'll try the Device ID fix, although I'm not sure how that could work since the DeviceID doesn't happen until app launch.

4. vOwl

vOwl

There are some helpful hints in the Oculus-Dev Forums: Link
    Player Settings: Install Location -> Force Internal
    Did the trick for me :)

5. JDMulti

JDMulti

Android 5.0.1 SD Card issue. As the post before me, force internal will do the trick. I came across this by removing the SD card and saw the application did install. I don't know if this a general issue with Unity and Android, or Android only.