Search Unity

Gear VR and Unity 5.3.1 sorta stereo

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by rossbarna, Jan 4, 2016.

1. rossbarna

rossbarna

Hi! I'm trying to get my first test app working properly. I've got Unity 5.3.1 setup building a simple app that is running on my android phone and has head tracking working when I plug it into the Gear VR.

The problem I'm experiencing is that the two different eyes aren't rendered properly. They both seem be the exact same image. I'm using the "Virtual Reality Supported" check box on the Player settings and I've noticed that the MainCamera has Stereo Separation set to 0.022 and Stereo Convergence set to 10 with Target Eye set to Both.

I can't seem to find any documentation on these settings or figure out how to get the two eyes to render properly in my test app.

Any ideas?

EyePD likes this.
  2. EyePD

EyePD

I checked the camera documentation in 2019.1.5f1 and these parameters are unfortunately still not documented in the main documentation. The script reference however documents them as follows:

stereoConvergence Distance to a point where virtual eyes converge.

stereoSeparation The distance between the virtual eyes. Use this to query or set the current eye separation. Note that most VR devices provide this value, in which case setting the value will have no effect.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019