Search Unity

GDPR consent dialog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basyan, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Basyan

Basyan

Some large applications, such as Garden Scapes or Angry Birds 2, do not use data acquisition rejection (GDPR). They require you to read the "Terms of Service" and the "Privacy Policy" (which defines the GDPR) before starting the game, and must necessarily confirm their agreement. If you do not agree, then you can’t continue. And in the future it is also impossible to change the decision. Instead, in the settings, you can re-see the "Terms of Service" and the "Privacy Policy". In other words: if you do not agree with the terms of the GDPR, you will not be able to play. Is it possible to do the same? Since by law I have to give a choice to agree or refuse.

Attached Files:

2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

If I understand you, yes. Some types of games require collecting additional information, like IP, location, username, etc (for multiplayer games for example). The player must agree to those conditions to play. If not, they can't. Though I don't know what you mean by impossible to change in future. They can always launch and agree to the terms at a later date. If they do agree, and later want to opt out, you need to provide that option as well (right to be forgotten). But opting out also means they can't play the game afterwards.

Ryiah and Basyan like this.
  3. Basyan

Basyan

Thanks for the answer! You are right, I found the function of deleting personal data. This is a little hidden in the settings and works through a delete request. After that, the account will be blocked and you will not be able to continue the game.

But is it allowed to force users to agree? Since otherwise they will not be able to play. I found the following information on the Internet.
    Or am I misunderstood something?

4. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

You aren't forcing anyone to agree to if it is mechanical requirement to play. Like if you you require an account, or use peer to peer or whatever. There is something about bundling things, like requiring to things not related to game play. For example requiring they agree to ad tracking. Storing a user account for in app purchases/account is acceptable, but they should still be able opt out of ad-tracking or third-party tracking. And in all cases, still have the ability to opt out.

Ryiah and Basyan like this.
  5. Basyan

Basyan

Many thanks! :) Yes, my question was related to tracking ads, or rather, advertising mediation.