Search Unity

GCloud + *.bundle

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by traden, Oct 11, 2019.

1. traden

traden

I'm testing remote access /downloads with .bundle files generate via the Addressable package. I've run 2 tests, one where they are stored in an AWS S3 bucket and the other in a gcloud bucket.

Note: All bucket permissions are set to public on both services.

S3: The assets load without issue.
    gcloud: I get the 'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown., Key=" exception, which I don't believe is descriptive of the actual issue.

I've read somewhere that gcloud requires asset bundles to be Content-Type:application/octet-stream which they are.

Is anyone else having this issue with gcloud, or has anyone had any success using gcloud + asset bundles + Addressables?

thanks in advance!

2. traden

traden

The only difference I've noticed between the S3 and gcloud storage is that my .bundle is not encrypted server side on S3 and is by default on gcloud. When I use gsutil to re-download the .bundle the file size varies by a few bytes.

I might post this question in the AssetBundles forum since I don't think it's an Addressables related issue.

3. robinryf

robinryf

4. traden

traden

@ribinryf : Thanks man, that was going to be my next test since I'm using firebase auth anyways. I'll give your implementation a shot and post my results.

Cheers.

5. traden

traden

Worked like a charm!

I'm very new to Addressables/Asset Bundles so I need to dissect your code a bit more to understand it, but it seems to work great.