Search Unity

Discussion Garena Free Fire Using Best Multiplayer Networking System.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by anjaydaimary, Dec 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anjaydaimary

anjaydaimary

Anybody can tell me!
    Which type Network System Garena Free Fire Using on their game?
    Because Garena Free Fire succeeded in Unity 3D Multiplayer Game Development.
    images-1.jpeg

2. toddkc

toddkc

I can't find any official statement on the multiplayer framework used, but I did find this article that states Garena was first created as an online multiplayer service. That would make me assume they are using their own service and not one of the "standards" we see most often used here (Mirror, Photon, etc).

anjaydaimary likes this.
  3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Let's not forget that there are 3 layers to such a multiplayer game:
    • the transport (UDP/TCP packet handling layer, low level)
    • the networking library (framework implementing multiplayer networking features, high level)
    • the backend services (hosting, account management, lobby, matchmaking, load balancing, databases, etc)
    All of these together needn't be an all-in-one framework.

anjaydaimary likes this.
  4. MrBigly

MrBigly

I am not sure if it is the video or what, but the only thing I found objectionable was the extremely jerky action. Video? Spectator mode? or game play? Everything else was pretty dope, I gotta admit.

I don't think the brand of netcode really makes a difference for what I was looking at specifically (graphics, artwork, models, animation). If the netcode was responsible for the jerky camera movement, then it wouldn't be a good netcode to use. I wouldn't be able to play it for more than a minute, it would just give me a head ache.

5. tomdevn3

tomdevn3

I think article is outdated, networking technologies and strategies to provide a smooth online gaming experience, Client-Server Architecture: The game client communicates with dedicated game servers hosted by the game developer. These servers handle various game logic, player interactions, and data synchronization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.