Search Unity

Garbled Text + Pink BG + Black BG UI Issues (Unfocus/Refocus Unity Issues)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MrLucid72, Sep 9, 2017.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

<< Player | Editor >>

I definitely reported this bug several times since sometime 2016 -- unfortunately, I still get it like mad. Usually I'll defocus Unity (browser/code), focus back, and UI goes like this. I have to click something arbitrary and set it !active then active again for things to return to normal again.

Now, this is every time I alt+tab (or defocus Unity in any form) and return.

There has to be someone else with this issue. Between Q4 2016 and now, I must have experienced this bug hundreds of thousands of times. I guess I never thought to post it -- was just waiting on a patch like a dummy.

Who can help me diagnose this? No errors or warnings popup. We have a 12gb project -- I noticed once we broke ~8gb, stuff started getting weird. I wonder if it has to do with project size? However, every new stable version breaks major things, so it could just be Unity itself.

We're on 5.6.3.

Soon I'll start making new, empty projects and try to reproduce. Anyone have any tips of how to narrow this down? Anyone else get this?

2. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Anyone know anything of this? Reported it years ago, but happens every time I unfocus and refocus Unity since .... 2016. O__o reported more than once, but alas, no response.