Search Unity

GameStuff.Write(); Game Development Theories & Practices Blog

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by EricvG, Apr 2, 2015.

1. EricvG

EricvG

Greetings, Unity Community.

I've been using Unity almost every day for several years now, for both 3D and 2D games as PC Standalone, Android, iOS and Web, but I've never really been all that active on these forums.

I've always worked alone, and thus I've never really got the chance to bounce my ideas off to other people. But I figured I had quite some things to share about how I perceive the process behind Game Development. As such, I started a blog where I aim to share all I know about the topic. I hope to inspire and inform other people, and also to see where others can prove me wrong, so I too can learn from it.

GameStuff.Write();
    http://ericvg92.tumblr.com/

The blog walks through the entire game development process from start to finish, currently at the stage where it all begins: The idea. Note that I don't collect information from books, papers or other works to compile a research paper of my own (though I do pick up on it when I come across them), this blog is simply how I've personally experienced the practical process of Game Development.

So, give it a read, and feel free to tear down my sketchy ideas with your own.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. LoneStarDev

LoneStarDev

I've just jumped into development and looking through the forums. I too had a similar idea for a personal blog related to game dev so I like your idea. Please continue it and I'll check in from time to time. Good luck!