Search Unity

GameSparks alternative supporting China deployment?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrLucid72, Sep 5, 2018.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

GameSparks is awesome and I'm a huge fan - I couldn't advocate them enough. However, they currently do not support China so I need to port my Chinese version using a different service.

To minimize recoding everything, what's a China-deployed BaaS similar to GameSparks that plays well with Unity, uses JavaScript (preferably ES6) and NoSQL? If it just has these two, I should be good to go.

Thank you!

2. plzhelp

plzhelp

Did you find a solution? May need to use AWS directly for this.

MrLucid72 likes this.
  3. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

GS Said "in 2019" they plan to have a port ready. However, until I get an absolute date or even a quarter ETA, I'm skeptical.

Haven't had much luck so far. Yea maybe Amazon directly or one of their existing BaaS Alts (they have a few). Or Alibaba.

4. zhuchun

zhuchun

Facing the same problem here and OMG I am a Chinese but have no idea what's the proper alternative to GS... Alibaba and QCloud(owned by Tencent) are top 2 cloud providers in China and I believe their market share has significantly advantage comparing to others like Azure and AWS, but please don't quote me on this :)

I sent GS a ticket about their server hosting in China a few days ago but no reply so far, maybe it's due to the holidays? Anyway, it's good to know at least they have a plan here.

GS currently works fine in my test project, however, I'm looking for a stable service for production. The law is simple, cloud providers MUST register for the qualification, otherwise, the access is NOT promised. Which means your game or the whole GS could be blocked someday because whatsoever app is using their service and violating laws.

When I'm saying no proper alternative, don't get me wrong, there're lots of local service providers actually, but their service is not comparable to GS at all, and I really doubt foreigners can get cozy with their SDK/Doc.

I will update this reply if I've found anything interesting.

5. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

This information is great!

Yea, "2019" is all I got. Someone from Tencent actually laughed when I said that, though... They said Amazon promised to get in both 2017 and 2018. So it seems like false hope.

It would be so magical if they kept their promise. However, they even said they would revamp their docs in 2018 and even that didn't happen which is way simpler.

I love GS. I'm a huge advocate. And it would be a dream to use it in China. However....... I don't trust their promises anymore :/

We'd essentially have to make our "own" gamesparks. Ugh... I think the unfriendly less features site may be the only hope for now. Which is depressing.

6. zhuchun

zhuchun

Yes, build things from scratch is always an option, docker might help as well. Comparing to the development, managing global hosts is a true nightmare. GS replied me on their forum said currently their closest servers are in Singapore, TBH that's not ideal since Singapore and Japan are on the list, accessibility is not guaranteed for production.

7. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Do you have Discord? Hop to the unofficial GS devs server: https://discord.gg/XVGXRzq

Inside, I'm Xblade-Imperium42

8. zhuchun

zhuchun

I'm in, see you there

9. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

MrLucid72 likes this.
  10. MrLucid72

MrLucid72