Search Unity

Games that deserves to be made?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NinjaRubberBand, Mar 10, 2014.

1. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

I made this thread so people could post game ideas that would be awesome to have on the market. Maybe someone gets inspired to make that game? I think that a longboarding game could be amazing. Cruising in mountains with nice nature and graphics. Or a scooter game!
    So many games that deserves to be made. Do you have any ideas?

2. squared55

squared55

The one I'm making right now. ;)

3. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

My next project, which will supplant my current best project (The Hero's Journey, because I feel like plugging it today.)

4. TheSniperFan

TheSniperFan

Well, my current project...obviously. :D

But on a more serious note: System Shock 3 and Half-Life 3. Tragically the latter is much more likely to actually happen which says a lot. :(

5. TheRaider

TheRaider

I think since flappy bird was removed from the store someone really needs to make a clone of it....

On a slightly more serious note: New Commander keen. New Space Quest.

6. Meltdown

Meltdown

Crappy bird where you get to crap on people.

Of course it will be fully IAP driven and you'll constantly need to be upgrading your poop.

7. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

everyone posting here is just going to say "my next game" haha.

@Meltdown actually I think your idea for crappy bird could be great if done right haha. This could be something really successful. Not a game with flappy bird type gameplay, but a top down gameplay where you fly over people and touch the bird to crap once you think you have a target in place. Each time you manage to hit a target (person walking on the street or something) you acquire a certain amount of points based on how accurately you dropped your poop. (well at least thats how I think of it, or how I would design it personally haha)
    Go Make it happen, build off the gameplay idea I mentioned!

8. MurDocINC

MurDocINC

9. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

ah man! Well, I guess that idea is out of the window now. Oh well. There is infinite game ideas people could make into games anyway :)

*Goes to download Turd Birds on phone....
    This game looks pretty fun!

10. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

You should clone it, we haven't had enough bird-themed games lately.

11. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Never! I refuse to ever clone a game no matter how successful it is. I only make originals ;)

And I think bird games in general need to die. Seriously, people need to come up with a character that is at least a different animal.
    Maybe like an animal that isn't really popular should star in games like these now, like maybe a sloth. Yeah that would be cool.

In the game you play as a sloth and you need to climb the top of trees before time runs out.
    It could be called "Sloth Climber"! C'mon guys this is a good idea, this is good stuff!

Ok, this is going down on my list of game projects to make now. Have no idea when I will get to it. Anyone feel free to steal this idea and make it yourself. It has potential to be a big hit!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  12. TheValar

TheValar

I really want to see a 2d shadow of the colossus type game

13. slayeruk

slayeruk

14. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

I hope I never see something like that in real life...

On the subject though, the game I'm not skilled enough to make is the one that deserves it.

15. iKonrad

iKonrad

I love this community.

16. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

The ones I would like to see are all IP: a pokemon mmo where you can be a trainer, a x-men mmo where you can be a mutant and a harry potter mmo where you can be a wizard! There are some games that I wanted to see and they made: a gta mmo and elder scrolls mmo.
    I like the idea of making a mmo version of the games but I never play when they make but I think that a pokémon mmo I would play though... :p

17. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I wasn't being serious, y'know. :p

18. Kondor0

Kondor0

Cheapass Quest: a game made only with free assets found in the Asset Store (with Unity free obviously).

19. robhuhn

robhuhn

I'm still waiting for a new version of Transport Tycoon. Does anyone remember the game?

20. Philip-Rowlands

Philip-Rowlands

How about a game which involves killing spammers by dropping tins of spam on them? :twisted:

Admittedly, I have one level for the game I'm working one, which involves playing as a spammer that has been sentenced to death...by having a horde of wild n00bs chase the spammer around an arena and vomit tins of spam into his/her/their face. There's going to be a game jam here in Galway in a few weeks, maybe I'll suggest "death to spammers" as the theme?

21. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

You could always have a super-hard-core platformer (kind of like Kaizo Mario World) where you play as the spammer. That way, you're excused for contriving evil level design, and when the player dies, hey, you watched a spammer get pwnt. What is there to complain about, again?

Also, take a page from I Want To Be The Guy, and screw with physics. Spam cans can, and should, fall upward and to the sides. If anyone asks why? They're really more like sardines, anyways.

22. lazygunn

lazygunn

All my games deserve to be made, dur, thats why i spend so much time on them

If any of you want ideas, my sig exists purely for that. Someone of them are pretty S*** ideas, they just look nice (sometimes) but you might like some of them, in which case you're welcome to use them however you like. There're all 'playable' in some form although the goblin one's playability consists of clicking your mouse button and watch him sail into a beautiful valley, through the floor and then spin hypnotically for a while, which can put you into a trance, which might be nice

23. SVGK

SVGK

an RTS sequel to Mushroom Men, and Drawn To Life: The Last Chapter.

24. login4donald

login4donald

Creative games.

25. Philip-Rowlands

Philip-Rowlands

I like it :D

26. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I'd actually considered something along these lines during the time of the Unity Washing Machine Spammer meme that Aurore created, but decided I really want to get better at making games like JRPGs.

27. Kinos141

Kinos141

Something off the movie Gravity... oh, wait, I'm working on that now. LOL :)
    $Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 2.12.51 PM.png

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  28. JovanD

JovanD

Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines sequel, remake, reboot, whatever, i want it XD

29. iKonrad

iKonrad

I'd make a new Slenderman title.

It would be called
    Slenderman: Attach of the clones

30. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

Lol. And the lord knows humans never see enough of them! (I hope you were joking on that)