Search Unity

Games built with Unity Won't Install on Android 12 : Error Parsing Package

Discussion in 'Android' started by Bimbuh, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Bimbuh

Bimbuh

Hello Unity,

I am currently facing a serious issue with the Unity engine and the distribution of my game. Absolutely none of my games would install on a device running Android 12. I tried devices of as many brands I could lay my hands on, to no avail. The "Error parsing package" message always comes up. All my games install and work properly on Android 11 and below devices though. My target API level is set to API Level 32 and with the Android SDK updated accordingly. I am running Unity 2019.4.21f1 with Android build support, obviously. Because of this issue, three of my games just got suspended from the Samsung Galaxy Store. I really look forward to hearing from anyone who could help, please. I Googled this as much as I could, but found nothing useful. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Check this.

If you still see the error, it means you have a plugin which doesn't add the exported flag in the manifest.

3. Bimbuh

Bimbuh

Tried the script you suggested, but it hasn't helped in anyway, unfortunately. I still get the "Error Parsing Package" error message

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Share me an empty apk to look into the issue. Remove all the scenes from the build settings and make an apk.

5. louisejnc

louisejnc

Hello, did you found out what was the problem?