Search Unity

Gamer Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tzan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Tzan

Tzan

I use WASD in my game to scroll my camera around.
    I was testing my game and scrolling around, then returned to Visual Studio.
    I wanted to see some code up the screen and then I'm wondering why there are so many "w"s all underlined in red.

First time that's happened, I swear. :)

theANMATOR2b and MurcsRoyce like this.
  2. MurcsRoyce

MurcsRoyce

Lol thats funny

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Mine is my code is constantly filling with the key I use for push to talk in TeamSpeak :p

4. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Sadly, I've experienced both the W's and the TS3 issues. I use shift for my push-to-talk though, so instead of adding characters, I've had it do things like 'back' in Firefox and similar ilk.

5. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

*shudder*... Sticky Keys...

6. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Except that I always leave that crap off...but yeah I've forgotten before and that first popup you get from windows does cause those shudders.

7. passerbycmc

passerbycmc

i have always used Vim style bindings in my ide's for years now, so anytime i have to use a co workers computer stuff like :wq and other Vim commands will end up in the code, and i get frustrated when i cant quickly do line or word selections, quickly change text, or repeat actions with the commands i'm used to. Too much muscle memory.

Also if i am in any program with a 3d viewport and it does not support maya style navigation (alt+lmb/mmb/rmb) i will immediately think the program is rubbish.

Martin_H and Amon like this.