Search Unity

Gameplay Ability System (Unity Package)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Endlord, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Endlord

Endlord

Hello,

I've been using Unity on-and-off for the past few years, and decided to give Unreal a go. I was impressed by how much off-the-self capability Unreal provides to developers. One of those capabilities was the Unreal Gameplay Ability System (currently in Beta), which provides a framework for developing ability-based games (apparently, it was developed by the developers of Fortnite and Paragon). In essence, it makes it easier to implement the ability systems commonly seen in RPGs.

In order to bring this kind of functionality to Unity, I started porting the functionality of the system and have something that I think is ready as a feature-incomplete alpha preview. Part of the porting process involved making it more "Unity". The project is available to download over at https://github.com/sjai013/UnityGameplayAbilitySystem (MIT license).

I'm currently attempting to get feedback on the system in general, and the path forward, to make it a competitive package for developers and designers using Unity for making games.

manhhieu1203 and Inspeinre like this.