Search Unity

Bug Gamepad Right Stick not working correctly

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Sollthar, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Sollthar

Sollthar

Hello everyone

I just tried to switch to a Gamepad control. The Buttons and the left stick are working totally fine and the right stick gives me a proper Vector2, but the right stick can't be read properly. With a lot of workarounds I managed to get a manual 2D output from it using the RZ and Z input that seems to be the only thing it gives off, but that also works when I push the stick to the right or down, while up and left give no results at all.

Anyone any idea how to fix this?

2. ZingZangGames

ZingZangGames

If you've ensured that the stick of your gamepad is working fine, you might try following things:
    • Look through the InputSystemPackage in your project settings for anything that might be causing the problem (like playing around with the deadzones, the update mode and the supported devices)
    • Make sure to have a playerinput/eventsystem or anything else required for your setup to work correctly
    • Reinstall the package/ restart unity or check whether your input-maps are used correctly
    If that doesn't help, posting your code responsible for gaining the input would be nice! I don't think it's a bug (based on the version u use), but it always worked for me. There could also be another program remapping you controlled (whihc is very unlickely).

Hope this helps!