Search Unity

GameObjects invisible after upgrade to 2019.1.1f

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Aseliot, May 7, 2019.

1. Aseliot

Aseliot

Did something change in the way that the camera renders gameobjects in layers in 2019.1.1f?

My gameobjects are instantiated on different layers and the main camera is on the default layer, but this worked fine before and after upgrading everything beneath my root "game" gameobject is now invisible.

I just came back to it after weeks of not touching it, and thought I would update it.

Attached Files:

2. Aseliot

Aseliot

I honestly don't know what's going on here, I disabled/enabled some objects in the scene but thing still appear like normal in the scene view while the game camera will not show anything. It appears as though something is hiding the objects beneath it (or colliding with it?) but I have never seen something like this before. Maybe it's obvious to someone...

Here's the project if you want to have a look:
    https://github.com/efsjouw/Overextender/tree/develop

3. kdgalla

kdgalla

Here's some things to check:
    Is your camera's culling mask set to "Everything"? Reasonable near/far clip distance? Is your camera still in right location and pointing in the right direction? Do you have post-processing enabled? Do you have more than one camera? Are there error messages in the console?

Aseliot and Joe-Censored like this.
  4. Aseliot

Aseliot

Okay so I have no idea what happened but I just made a new project in 2019.1.5f and copied all assets into it and it works again. So not sure what was going on there, but making a new project seems to fix it.

5. JamesSimcock

JamesSimcock

I just updated my project and have exactly the same problem. Did anyone work out a solution to this apart from having to create a whole new project?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  6. NpcBoss

NpcBoss

I Fixed it at the Package Manager
    (->Window->Package Manager), if you have a 2d Game, you have to install "2d Sprite" again. I dont no why it was uninstalled after update.

7. DagiW

DagiW

Thank you so much!! I checked and it was the Sky and Fog volume Post Processing that was doing all this...

I disabled Path Tracing and everything worked well!