Search Unity

`GameObjectRecorder' could not be found

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by dictatorship, Dec 25, 2018.

1. dictatorship

dictatorship

Hello

Very new to unity. I had started to make a game when i upgraded to the new unity. Now it says I must fix all errors before entering "playmode". I am getting two errors that I cant seem to find a solution to via google.

Assets/Unity Technologies/Recorder/Framework/Inputs/Animation/Editor/AnimationInput.cs(2,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Animations' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEditor.Experimental'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Unity Technologies/Recorder/Framework/Inputs/Animation/Editor/AnimationInput.cs(10,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `GameObjectRecorder' could not be found. Are you missing `UnityEditor.Animations' using directive?

sorry, I am new to scripting but I will do my best to searcha nd understand, any help is appreciated.

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Welcome to the forums!

The console informs you of errors in your scripts, as well as errors in any scripts you have loaded, which included plugins.

The first part:
    tells you which file and what line and column the error is occurring on. This isn't always precise, as it may be the line before or after depending on the nature of the error.

The second part:
    tells you what the error is, and sometimes a recommendation on how to fix it.

In this case, your errors are happening in the Unity Recorder plugin. I've not worked with this plugin, so I can't help you very specifically. But the thread specific to that plugin seems active enough that someone more familiar with it may be able to help you out.

Good luck!

3. dictatorship

dictatorship

dude, thank you very much for writing that out, Ill go jump on that thread and try to find out. much thanks again

Schneider21 likes this.