Search Unity

GameObjectLocalizer could not be found (Localization 1.0.0-pre.10)

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by PedroMarangon, Jul 27, 2021.

1. PedroMarangon

PedroMarangon

Hi guys. I'm using Unity 2020.2.5f1 and I've installed the Localization package from the Package Manager, excatly how the documentation says so ("To install the package in a version before 2021.2, type in com.unity.localization under “Add package from git URL” in the Package Manager."). However, once it finished installing this error popped up in the console:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.0-pre.10\Editor\UI\DrivenPropertyDrawer.cs(35,66): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GameObjectLocalizer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Could someone help me with this error? All of the dependencies were installed correctly

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Thanks for letting us know, we have fixed the issue and it will be available in the next release. For now you can fix it by either rolling back to 1.0.0-pre.9 or upgrading to Unity 2020.3 and above.

PedroMarangon likes this.
  3. PedroMarangon

PedroMarangon

@karl_jones I've rolled back to 1.0.0-pre.9, but I've got a batch of errors when I entered Play Mode (all I've done is adding a TMP UI text - same problem occurs when I try a normal text - and the LocalizeStringEvent script, with only 1 string table and 2 languages - all just to test it quickly the package), the errors are in the image below.

I've also tried the solution you gave in this forum and it didn't worked out https://forum.unity.com/threads/selectlocale-is-null-1-0-0-pre-10.1147190/#post-7364354

Captura de tela 2021-07-28 112228.png

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hey this is a known bug. Try disabling the WaitForCompletion option in the localized string.
    We will have a fix in 1.0.0-pre.11

5. PedroMarangon

PedroMarangon

I've tried that before posting and it still spitted the errors. I'll try go to 2020.3 and see if it changes anything

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Could you share your project?

7. PedroMarangon

PedroMarangon

I'm sending a copy of the project (just deleting some stuff I wasn't using, like empty folders and scripts). Btw, for some reason when I opened the copy project to delete those things and entered play mode for the first time it worked (although everytime after that the errors appeared)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Of0W_UrOx735r5oT7ONX3PPI6AeXjgTw/view?usp=sharing

karl_jones likes this.
  8. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce the issues