Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

GameObjectConversionSystem documentation help

Discussion in 'Data Oriented Technology Stack' started by Buretto, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Buretto

Buretto

I couldn't find any documentation on the `GameObjectConversionSystem` to help me understand what the various methods do. I noticed people mention @5argon had a good overview of the system but I think the link is down. Are there any good resources still out there?

2. 5argon

5argon

I was trying to update it to preview.33 changes but it had been too long (2 months?) that I could not find any free time. I put it back in the outdated state for the time being : https://gametorrahod.com/gameobject-conversion-ecosystem-code-tour/

Preview.33 changes includes conversion system names, and I think several methods for specifying primary entity changed.

Plus it should ideally cover things about subscenes and etc. since they are closely tied. I want the new version to contain those.

Buretto likes this.
  3. Buretto

Buretto

Thank you very much!

4. 5argon

5argon

And now there are tons of conv./live link related changes in Entities 0.1! I am glad I didn't start working on .33 update yet. I am now on non-ECS game though, I think by the time I finish this Unity may already land an another update with more upgrades on the conversion tooling.

Buretto likes this.
unityunity