Search Unity

GameObjectConversionSystem documentation help

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by Buretto, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Buretto

Buretto

I couldn't find any documentation on the `GameObjectConversionSystem` to help me understand what the various methods do. I noticed people mention @5argon had a good overview of the system but I think the link is down. Are there any good resources still out there?

2. 5argon

5argon

I was trying to update it to preview.33 changes but it had been too long (2 months?) that I could not find any free time. I put it back in the outdated state for the time being : https://gametorrahod.com/gameobject-conversion-ecosystem-code-tour/

Preview.33 changes includes conversion system names, and I think several methods for specifying primary entity changed.

Plus it should ideally cover things about subscenes and etc. since they are closely tied. I want the new version to contain those.

Buretto likes this.
  3. Buretto

Buretto

Thank you very much!

4. 5argon

5argon

And now there are tons of conv./live link related changes in Entities 0.1! I am glad I didn't start working on .33 update yet. I am now on non-ECS game though, I think by the time I finish this Unity may already land an another update with more upgrades on the conversion tooling.

Buretto likes this.