Search Unity

GameObject with Rigidbody (mass) disappears when placing it on Ground Plane Stage (using Vuforia)

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by marjon4, Aug 14, 2018.

1. marjon4

marjon4

I have a car with a Rigidbody that disappears when I place it on the Ground plane stage in Vuforia, the problem appeared when I added a Rigidbody to the car, otherwise it works fine. It's like the car keeps on falling and doesn't recognize the ground plane as an actual plane, as the car doesn't collide with the ground.

Any tips? Would be super greatful

2. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

This issue seems to be related to the usage of the Physics engine. There are several things you should look into:
    - Check if the plane has a Collider.
    - Check if the Layers of your car and the plane are supposed to interact in the Layer Collision Matrix (Edit > Project Settings > Physics)
    - Check if the type of Collider you added to the plane is able to interact with Rigidbodies

meedabit likes this.
  3. amdbuster

amdbuster

@marjon4
    Have you found a solution for this problem?

4. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

Recommendation is that you review the Ground Plane feature in the Vuforia Engine Core samples. In PlayMode, an automatic emulator plane is setup. But, when running on device, we create a plane with a collider.

Please review the SetupFloor() method in Assets\SamplesResources\SceneAssets\GroundPlane\Scripts\ProductPlacement.cs for how the latter was implemented.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support