Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GameFlow is now FREE!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by evasiongames, Aug 28, 2019.

1. evasiongames

evasiongames

After 5 years as a paid product we have made GameFlow available for FREE on both the Asset Store and the itch.io marketplace.

Update [Feb 2020]: Evasion Games has closed the shop and the Patreon. The latest GameFlow (v1.2.5) works with Unity 2019.3 so enjoy it because it is likely to be the last one. Thanks to everyone who supported us.

---

We know this is a little bit radical, but of course there are good reasons for this decision. We invite you to read the official announcement in our blog if you feel curious and need more information.

And now that we have your attention, it is also important that you know that GameFlow is currently in maintenance mode, which does not mean "abandoned" or "not in active development" as some users have interpreted. It is simply our way of telling you that during the next months you'd better not expect big nor frequent updates.

Of course we evaluated also the idea of closing the shop and just opensourcing GameFlow "as is", but we discarded that option soon because we believe it would be less than ideal for a majority of our users who simply don't have the time nor the knowledge to maintain/evolve a complex (and mostly undocumented) code base. Anyway this is a decision that we are not closed to reconsider in the future.

What we still want is being in charge of maintaining and improving the product for our users as we have been doing for years. That is the purpose of our recently started Patreon, an initiative which is slowly taking off -we have already reached our first (and humble) goal- but that definitely needs some more love.

So please (PLEASE!) consider becoming a patron if you are an active user making games with GameFlow or you simply find this tool promising or interesting enough to give it a chance of surviving. With your support you will be not only ensuring the release of new updates but also getting some interesting and exclusive benefits like private support and early access to monthly builds.

What about regular -non patrons- users? well, for now the only changes are 1) we are no longer giving private support by email to regular users as we used to because private support is now an exclusive benefit for patrons and 2) patrons will have way more frequent updates than regular users.

If you have any other concerns or questions, please let us know and we will be happy to answer here.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Zypo, Havok_ZA, mercurysama and 6 others like this.
  2. JoMaHo

JoMaHo

Great - let us hope this gives Gameflow way more users!
    It is such a great tool for both coders and non coders!

If you like it, really consider contibuting to the dev on his Patreon.

evasiongames likes this.
  3. Danimoreno3d

Danimoreno3d

I'm a user of Gameflow and I can really say that for those who start with Unity and don't know how to make script, this tool is the best of all, no doubt because for my experience that completely and without script knowledge either: java c# or any, I could do great things impressive, from moving the BB-8 robot only with the mouse, to be able to pilot 7 Star Wars spacecraft with the technology of VR glasses, although Gameflow does not have demomento that support. I'm honest when I say that this tool Gameflow is the best I could ever have, with it I do anything.

Highly recommended

this tool must be promoted in any way possible

JoMaHo and evasiongames like this.
  4. evasiongames

evasiongames

Thanks so much for your support!

Thanks for this and also for all the GameFlow tutorials and everything else you made with GameFlow.

JoMaHo likes this.
  5. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I am an early purchaser. This is a very well done asset! Makes code-less game making very easy.

JoMaHo and evasiongames like this.
  6. evasiongames

evasiongames

Early adopters like you were very important back in the beta phase, so thanks a million!

JoMaHo likes this.
  7. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    First of all I want to say thank you evasiongames for your great support in helping us adding Game Flow support in our ad tool and for giving us the permission to post our tutorial in your asset forum. We also want to let your users know that all our assets from our store page will have Gave Flow support in the near future. Thank you for being a great developer in helping people making games!

StevenPicard, JoMaHo and evasiongames like this.
  8. Danimoreno3d

Danimoreno3d

Hello,
    I'm a somewhat advanced Gameflow user and Harry Potter fan and here I'd like to show you a making off video where I use my skills on the tool to create a 360 degree tour on youtube, I hope you like it.

mercurysama, evasiongames and JoMaHo like this.
  9. evasiongames

evasiongames

A new community tutorial:

JoMaHo likes this.
  10. evasiongames

evasiongames

A new update (v1.2.3) featuring support for Unity 2019.3b is now available.

The early access to the upcoming v1.2.4 update will be also available this week for our supporters in Patreon.

Havok_ZA, andreiagmu and JoMaHo like this.
  11. evasiongames

evasiongames

andreiagmu likes this.
  12. evasiongames

evasiongames

Evasion Games has closed the shop and the Patreon. The latest GameFlow (v1.2.5) works with Unity 2019.3 so enjoy it because it is likely to be the last one. Thanks to everyone who supported us.

13. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

This is sad to hear but you did a great job on this asset! It shows me that very few developers on the asset store can turn a good enough profit.

vertexx, Mark_01, Zypo and 1 other person like this.
  14. macish

macish

No chance to get it working on 2019.4 LTS? :/

Onevisiongames likes this.
  15. vertexx

vertexx

Just quickly. It is because of "GameFlow" and "Evasion Games" that I began with "Unity."
    The advice and communication I had with "Evasion Games" gave me the confidence and more importantly the excitement to continue.
    May I say , all the very best to you all and many thanks for your patience !!!

StevenPicard and xeleh like this.
  16. macish

macish

@xeleh u are the coder behind gameflow right? Any way to resolve the import error in 2019.4 LTS?

17. xeleh

xeleh

Yes, @macish. You can resolve it with this quick workaround:

1. Duplicate the Assets/GameFlow/Versions/2019.3 folder and rename the copy as 2019.4,
    2. Use menu option Tools > GameFlow > Reinstall.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    macish and JoMaHo like this.
  18. Onevisiongames

Onevisiongames

@xeleh Hey it's very unfortunate that you have discontinued Gameflow. Especially not making the last version ready for the 2019.4 version, that seems to be a way better choice and users could continue to work with it for a long time. I have not seen the post and now I have updated my bigger commercial game already in 2019.4 and already using game flow...

It seems to work with the version, the only issue I found was when adding a block the UI elements show up but then disappear shortly. Is there maybe a quick fix for this? It might help us a lot!

Thanks, Ck

19. xeleh

xeleh

@Onevisiongames I understand your concern and I will consider making an update soon to make it work with the 2019.4 version. Glad to know that you are still using GameFlow in your game :)

Afaik there is not a quick fix for that problem, but I will take a good look and maybe I can include a fix in the next update. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Onevisiongames and StevenPicard like this.
  20. unity_B57BC6306274C79F026A

unity_B57BC6306274C79F026A

Hi my version of Unity is the 2020.3.F1, Any chance to get Gameflow working with it?