Search Unity

GameDraw - 3D Modeling INSIDE of UNITY!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by baha, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ChrisLabombard

ChrisLabombard

Congrats to you!! Signed up for beta. :)

2. baha

baha

Thanks Chris :)

3. zenGarden

zenGarden

As main use would be Unity and game making these points don't stand for my personnal use, but indede there is other people perhaps interested in that features.

Some welcome tools :
    - slice tool or horizontal/verical line
    - bevel to round edges
    - Another feature for non 3D artists perhaps : Toggle Option for World coordinates constant UV mapping , like BSP and auto UV mapping, could be usefull for some projects.

Why MXD3D name ? compliacted non intuitive name, seems more DirectX name than modeler.

Will Gamedraw evolve ? It is great i hope it will progresss as it is already complete and working , would just need some few improvmenst or small features from time to time :)
    I stay with Gamedraw as it is great and deserves to evolve, anyway new product seems some Sketchup concurrent, seems solid and easy. How will be managed UV mapping ?

If you need a tester and objective critics, you can count me on Beta test.

4. tra2002

tra2002

Just tested Gamedraw again since there was a updated version. Version: 0.869 f 38 (Apr 15, 2014)

The undo system is still broken, the warehouse still can not log in, and still a lot of NullReferenceExceptions. A year ago I loved where Gamedraw was going, but now I can't even use it since I am far from perfect and sometimes have to be able to undo a mistake.

5. baha

baha

We haven't updated GameDraw, we just added the news to the description, an update is coming :)

6. zenGarden

zenGarden

We'll see if Gamedraw deserves some attention, actually ProBuilder is better in some areas.
    You can try Sketchup that i find lot more easy and it has auto UV maps with constant UV units like BSP editors, so you don't have to worry about your UV mapping.

Once you get advanced you use will make modular 3D models and modular 3D tile sets instead of modeling inside Unity.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  7. uniphonic

uniphonic

I just updated to Unity 4.5, and am now getting errors in my project from GameDraw:

Serialization depth limit exceeded at 'GameDraw::part'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Jacob

8. dustinandrew

dustinandrew

I'm using Unity 4.5.0f6 - GameDraw 0.869 f 38

I'm seeing the same errors above as Jacob when installing. They don't seem to break anything.

But my actual issue is with combining materials/meshes with:
    Optimization > Combine > Advanced > Selection (Combine Materials)

I have a level builder editor script that builds a level from prefabs. Some of these prefabs have an empty GameObject parent with the MeshFilter in a child GameObject.

So I get this error when trying to combine: "MissingComponentException: There is no 'MeshFilter' attached to the..."

GameDraw is a DLL or I would just fix this myself. But it seems an easy fix. Can't GameDraw, when combining, just ignore a GameObject if no MeshFilter is attached and move onto to the next child/sibling?

9. alarm656

alarm656

I'm have started to use GameDraw, I can't find option "FLIP FACES".

10. ddesmond

ddesmond

What is the ETA on the update

11. baha

baha

Hey Guys,

I'm finally happy to share with you a link of the new editor, still we are working on finalizing a number of things but would love to get your feedback and suggestions :)

http://models.mxd3d.com/editor/index2

12. OnePxl

OnePxl

Crashes my whole system every time. Safari, Mavericks, rMBP 15".

13. baha

baha

I will look into that, thanks!

14. baha

baha

It should work now just updated it

15. baha

baha

Hey Everyone,

Just thought of sharing with you a showcase and a small introduction video to whats coming :)

16. ddesmond

ddesmond

Looks good, how will this be integrated within Unity compared to Gamedraw?

17. baha

baha

GameDraw will be replaced by this system but it will definitely include all functionality of GameDraw plus many more, the update is free for all GameDraw users.

18. baha

baha

Below is a simple model done in less than 20 mins with the new editor's workflow, I'm not an artist so excuse my artistic style :p

Aircraft.png Aircraft 2.png Aircraft 3.png Aircraft 4.png

Try it out here

but make sure to create an account in order to save your work ;)

19. zenGarden

zenGarden

It would need shortcuts to work faster with the tool.
    Will it be possible to visually adjust UV as easy like Probuilder 2 ?
    Seems a very long road before Mxd becomes complete.

20. baha

baha

There are some shortcuts, numbers from 1-5 switches between drawing tools, W, E, R switches between translation, rotation and scale and other shortcuts will be added in the next build, UVs are automatically unwrapped, we have been working on a Complete UV editor as well which will be available in the Unity build first then online, we are not exposing everything in the current build but we will gradually add the other tools within the next few weeks..

21. baha

baha

Hi Guys,

The following is an aircraft speed modeling video showing some of the capabilities of it :)

alarm656 likes this.
  22. zenGarden

zenGarden

What could be added :
    -Grid snapping to make precise models or pieces that can snap together
    - Symmetry is not present
    - About other tools : Bevel , Cylinders ?
    I'll wait for a demo.

23. darkhog

darkhog

So it's dead? :(. Seemed like a nice alternative to ProBuilder, possibly cheaper too. We need more tools like this, not less, darnit!

24. ZJP

ZJP

Yes, dead. Another DEPRECATED product in my Asset Store list. :rolleyes:
    Have a look to this one... Hopefully it will not be abandoned.

25. zenGarden

zenGarden

You should invest in Probuilder, it has so much features from easy UV, vertex painting all modeling tools and a new interface etc ... the tool is really easy ot use and solid in all aspects, this is what every Unity user should have out of the box.
    Don't search alternatives and buy it , you won't regret it, this is one of the asset i have really no regret buying. It was on sales some times.

26. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

Yh shame. you pay a load of cash for a buggy alpha that never gets a proper release.
    Probuilder though is solid

27. darkhog

darkhog

I know that, you know that. But you know what? It doesn't magically make $95 appear in my wallet or on my account.

28. ZJP

ZJP

Less serious problem than mine: I bought Gamedraw. :p:D

29. zenGarden

zenGarden

Find a way to get money than buy it, when you want you can.

30. jnogueiraAI

jnogueiraAI

This is so good, now it can make simple way of model some thing inside like build basic object: tables, chairs, cars ...