Search Unity

GameDraw - 3D Modeling INSIDE of UNITY!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by baha, Feb 11, 2012.

1. baha

baha

It seems the server disconnects for some reason, I will check this out and come back to you soon

2. nancy30

nancy30

Amazing videos would love to see more details in the guns, awesome work.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Looking forward to it.

BTW: is the GameDraw in the asset store the Pro version?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
  4. rmele09

rmele09

looks awesome, will be purchasing soon

5. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

6. baha

baha

Yes it is ;) we will be in the GDC so you want to see more of it just let me know.

Yes it has mesh smooth and much more ;) just let us know if you need something specific and we will be happy to work on it!

7. baha

baha

If you want to see the true power of GameDraw for 3D modeling, 2D texturing and UV editing in Unity then check out the below videos:

Kids Room speed modeling

$Kids room modeling.jpg

[video=youtube;rX4TYKWbb5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX4TYKWbb5U&feature=youtu.be&a

[video=youtube;H751g3eVIdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H751g3eVIdw&feature=youtu.be

Desert house speed modeling

In the making videos...

$Beers.png

AND an A-Z tutorial showing how to do everything in GameDraw

Watch our early fundemental tutorial until the NEW one is up within a week :)

[video=youtube;VSEIgpjyvq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSEIgpjyvq4&list=PLA4B4B43ABE1BBCAF&index= 1

You can always watch our youtube channel for alot of videos regarding GameDraw http://www.youtube.com/user/MXDTools

8. tra2002

tra2002

@baha that is very impressive

9. contactTE

contactTE

@ Anyone using this tool or the developers.

I've been teaching myself the basics of Unity and also trying to learn modeling. Blender seems very counter-intuitive to me. How does it compare? I'd love to hear how user friendly it may be for a beginner to modelling compared to Blender or other 3D Modeling Utilities. I think it looks like a wonderful tool and if there's a demo I'd gladly try it out, I just want to be sure it's what I'm looking for before purchase. I'm currently working with a team and I'm the lead developer and coordinator so I deal mostly with sounds, story, and collaborations as well as the promotion and publicity side of things, I'd love to get more into the technical aspect so I can perhaps release my own game in the future on my own without requiring help besides from questions on the forum. I look forward to hearing from you :) it's definitely impressive.

10. RoyS

RoyS

I'm using this instead of 3D Studio Max. I like the workflow of Game Draw. Just watch the videos on their youtube channel and you can see how easy Game Draw is to use.

11. mutazalhawash

mutazalhawash

Dear contactTE Am Mutaz Alhawash from the Technical team at mixed dimensions technology, Blender is a full computer graphics program and you can use it as a third party application while creating assets. with Gamedraw you can create your 3D and 2D assets using unity game engine and this is the first feature which gives you the property of fastening the pipeline. After all we have a lot of features that blender do not have such as optimization you can optimize your scene (draw calls optimization) and optimize your high poly mesh to a lower one with the same quality. after all GameDraw still new and am gonna tell you a secret alot of interesting features are coming soon in GameDraw 1.0 so stay tuned .
    salute

12. contactTE

contactTE

Thank you Mutaz.

I did end up buying Gamedraw, so I will be teaching myself this plugin for Unity. It looks very promising based on what I've seen, I'll definitely have to work extensively with it to gain understanding. I'm somewhat of a slow learner when it comes to software, but I am diligent and determined. I want to make my own game of high quality without requiring a team in the future. Perhaps a prequel to the one I'm currently developing, or even a standalone. I definitely want to learn how to do this myself though. I thank you and your team for making an onboard tool to create models. I hope I can latch onto it and follow my dreams easier now that this exists. Before I thought I may be forced to learn Blender to do that, and everything I did in Blender just didn't turn out how it should have. I was pretty lost. I'll do a lot of reading and look into the tutorials though.

13. baha

baha

Thanks for your kind words and we are very happy to help whenever is needed on the other hand you might find it very helpful to use the assets available in the asset warehouse within GameDraw as it can help you do your game faster if you find in it some assets that would help you and also please let us know if there is any specific assets that we can integrate into the asset warehouse in the future and you think it should be integrated in there.

14. mutazalhawash

mutazalhawash

Thanks for your trust sir :) and if you need any help while you're learning on GameDraw here is my +google and you can find there all the links of my other accounts

15. baha

baha

As some of you know we have released a free version of GameDraw (limited one) but this version is great for GameDraw Pro users for multiple reasons as discussed in the below blog post, let me know your concerns, feedback and suggestions as we want to add the biggest value to you:

http://gamedraw.mixeddimensions.com/?p=428

16. baha

baha

Checkout inst3D and let me know what you think :) it is already in the latest GameDraw update

17. baha

baha

18. baha

baha

This is a complete tutorial for Gamedraw, check it out :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  19. baha

baha

Hey Guys,

So I started a project yesterday to create a trailer for GameDraw showing its capabilities in a small scene and her what I have done till now :) so note that all of the models have been created with GameDraw nothing is taken from outside :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  20. baha

baha

Check out this Medieval house created with GameDraw :D

$Medieval House.jpg

Part 2 coming soon :)

21. baha

baha

Medieval house part 2 - Texturing with GameDraw

22. baha

baha

Hey guys,

We have added quads (still wip) in the latest update so check it out and let me know what you think :)

23. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Hi, Great plugin.

Do you have something like GameDraw that runs In-Game ?
    Or can any of the functionality of GameDraw can be used for In-Game?

Thanks.

24. baha

baha

We are working on a runtime API :) so stay tuned.

25. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Hi Baha,

This is great, I don't mean to rush, only to get more clarification so that I can better match the tools with the project deadlines.

Can you give some ideas of what type of functionality the Runtime API will support.

Also some rough time frame. 1 week, 4 weeks, 2 months, 6 months, 1 year?

Some information will really help me to better plan what to do with the projects that I have.

Thanks.

26. baha

baha

We have been re-factoring our existing APIs so that all the functionality of GameDraw can work on run-time and we are already building a product with it outside unity.

I can say that it will be available in the range of 2 months, hopefully!

27. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

--- !! Simply Incredible !! ---

Cheers.

28. baha

baha

29. baha

baha

As always we love to share with you some possibilities that can be achieved with GameDraw, the following video shows what you can achieve with the optimization tools in GameDraw, from decimation (Reduce poly count) to combining materials! we will be adding more stuff as we always do :)

30. baha

baha

31. baha

baha

GameDraw is now ON SALE for 24 HOURS! 50% OFF and for Only 22.5$ and create models like this one :D

$GameDraw SciFi.jpg

32. hike1

hike1

What's the procedure for 2-material model, like a walls-floor thing. Your docs say 'pick faces' so I pick the floor faces, add new material. I can change the material, but
    when I save asset and put in another project there's no floor. Another time I 'saved .asset' and it disappeared from the scene view.

Is there going to be a feature where the picked faces show up in the UV editor? I can't do much with your uv editor.

Attached Files:

33. cspeer504

cspeer504

I watched some of your videos and this is amazing! Once I get my game mechanics polished I'll more than likely purchase your product. The little modeling I've done has been in Blender, but not having to leave the Unity Editor is well worth it. Thanks for making tools that help make great games.

34. ShinyTaco

ShinyTaco

Hi baha. Amazing tool, thank you.

Is it possible to weld vertices from two or more meshes with GameDraw? I've been digging around but have not been able to find any information on this.

Thanks!

35. hike1

hike1

How would I delete this extra material? If I select 'none' in the UV editor, it goes blank and Unity locks up.

Attached Files:

36. baha

baha

You can assign a different material from the same list which will remove this material and use the other one, for example if you have 2 materials A and B and you want to remove A then assign B to the faces having material A will remove A completely and would decrease the sub mesh count as well.

37. baha

baha

You can weld vertices in the same mesh if you want to weld vertices between 2 different meshes then you will have to combine them first, if you want to weld positions only and making one vertex in the same position as another one in another mesh then simple move with unity's vertex snapping which will snap to vertex positions.

simply drag your game object from the scene hierarchy into the project hierarchy, this will create a prefab with all necessary assets and meshes saved.

38. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Your website is borked. The one linked to from the asset store page.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  39. hike1

hike1

I can uv map if I detach faces like here, but how do I reattach everything when I'm done? Make an empty game object and put all
    the pieces in and combine children? Or is there another way I don't know?

the small UV menu between 'optimize' and 'primitives' the only buttons that work are make cubic, planar, and I guess spherical but
    I haven't tried it. Typing in a uv scale there it always reverts to 1

Attached Files:

40. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

Hey,

I have a bunch of meshes that use different textures, I want to create an atlas and have each mesh refer to that atlas, without combining the meshes. How do I do that?

Thanks,

41. ShinyTaco

ShinyTaco

I've combined the children but when I got to select the vertex on the other mesh, it will not let me. The vertices are not selectable.

What's the proper way of doing this? I've looked in the PDF and followed the directions but still can not get it to work.

Thanks.

42. Linus

Linus

Started a lengthy topic but found that much of it you know about http://gamedraw.userecho.com/list/13471-general/#module_276736 (If using privacy tools such as Ghostery the page might not load correclty)

Here is some things I could not see there:
    -In UV edit, when I save PNG unity freezes until terminated if the file exists.
    -The UVs are very small for the selected triangles when entering UV edit. And hard to position
    -If having two materials, the UV zones shows up as one line to the top right in the UV map

Any estimate on next update ?

One of the errors that pops up: object has been made prefab

When making a new cube, selecting 2 triangles on one side, extrude, scale, position, and assigning a material:
    Code (csharp):
    2. InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    3. System.Collections.Stack.Peek () (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections/Stack.cs:321)
    4. UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.EndLayoutGroup () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/GUILayoutUtility.cs:221)
    5. UnityEngine.GUILayout.EndVertical () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/GUILayout.cs:264)
    6. GameDrawEditor.GDEditor.DrawEditGUIWindow (Int32 id)
    7. UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/GUILayout.cs:411)
    8. UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/GUI.cs:1283)
    9. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
    Unity Pro latest,Windows 7 64

43. MHD-Salka

MHD-Salka

Can this be modified to run during run time? like writing a custom GUI so the user can modify the 3D geometry in-game?

44. baha

baha

Thanks for mentioning this, got fixed :)

There is more combine options under the GameDraw menu in optimization/combine sub menu, you can combine selection without the need to do parenting.

To set values in the UV tab, just untoggle the first checkbox titled "Instant Update" untoggle it then you will be able to set values and click a button to make the changes, you can also use the UV editor window to unwrap the model or do more specific modifications on the model.

We will add this features later :)

Try to click on the "B" button then the mesh structure should be reconstructed and fixed.

An update is due in 3 days :)

Salam :)

We have implemented a runtime API that covers everything GameDraw can do and will be available soon.

45. hike1

hike1

There is more combine options under the GameDraw menu in optimization/combine sub menu, you can combine selection without the need to do parenting.
    unquote

I'm only seeing 1 combine choice here, If I shift-select another mesh the game draw menu disappears

My method for 2 textured dungeon hall:
    Extrude your dungeon hall, select the floor polys and 'detach' you have 2 objects now. Texture
    each object.
    Drag the floor object (change their names from 'Cube' to something logical) onto the walls object,
    and 'Combine'. You'll need to weld the verts between the 2 objects, I use '3' for the threshold.

Is the uv editor going to be improved? It would help if the polys I pick in scene view would also be
    selected in the uv editor. The uv editor often blanks out and has to be reloaded from /gamedraw/uv editor.

Attached Files:

46. hike1

hike1

I just tried the new one, I can 'scale' the uvs on selected faces, but only if I hit 'cubic' map. If I then
    hit 'unwrap' it gets distorted again. Maybe I could always do this. If I want to edit different faces,
    I have to exit face mode, pick another object, then go back and pick the object I was editing,
    then I can select different faces.

What are the new features, bugfixes?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  47. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

Check under the GameDraw menu on the top bar of Unity.

48. Dothackking

Dothackking

There are so many awesome things made in/for unity that I wish I could afford :( This looks amazing, it's always nice to know exactly what it will look like in the engine while making something

49. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

I use this tool everyday! I highly recommend it!

50. Aguy

Aguy

There is the free version.