Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GameDraw - 3D Modeling INSIDE of UNITY!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by baha, Feb 11, 2012.

1. baha

baha

Try not to have space when pasting your invoice ID or when you are typing in the fields, we will ensure this in the next update :)

2. baha

baha

The following document shows the new features of GameDraw, check it out HERE :)

3. disaldo

disaldo

Hi Baha

I am getting the same error using 3.5 can you please add me manually.

Regards

Stephen

4. baha

baha

Yeah sure, drop me an email at bahaa@mixeddimensions.net or a PM :)

5. PolyMad

PolyMad

Interesting but could you use a little larger font? That's not so readable and believe me: making font so small doesn't make your product more technological.

6. baha

baha

It shoud be ok when reading while on full screen I guess however I will get the font larger a little bit, no problem :)

7. baha

baha

A new optimization technique added to GameDraw that combines all meshes, materials and textures into a single mesh with a single material and a single texture atlas, check it out :)

8. Demigiant

Demigiant

Wohoo! Still didn't test it, but this last feature looks amazing!

9. baha

baha

I encourage you to do so ;) and looking forward to hear your feedback :)

10. baha

baha

The following video shows the 3D boolean operations in GameDraw which now preserves UVs and materials as well :)

11. baha

baha

This video shows a small portion of the capabilities of GameDraw's customizer as you can customize parts or whole characters and models from your own models or by using GameDraw to modify your characters and models, check it out ;)

12. Amitloaf

Amitloaf

I installed GameDraw a while ago in my project and later removed it completely from the project.
    But now some objects of mine started colliding into an invisible object. I couldn't find the object but when using debug log i found out that it's GameDrawManager. I can't find it in the hierarchy nor in the project file or at all in any of the cs files. It actually interferes with the physics and i'd like to know if it has something to do with GameDraw (I believe it does) and how do i make it stop appearing
    Thank you :)

13. baha

baha

Download the latest GameDraw version from the asset store as it should remove the collider automatically, however in the general tab there is a toggle called show manager that when toggled will show the GameObject in the hierarchy so you can edit or remove it :)

Or simply use the following script in an editor, create a folder named "Editor" and in it create a c# script named "RemoveManager" and place the following:

Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEditor;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using System;
    5. using System.Collections;
    7. public class RemoveManager
    8.     {
    10.     [UnityEditor.MenuItem("GameDraw/Remove Manager")]
    11.     public static void Remove()
    12.     {
    13.     GameObject.DestroyImmediate(GameObject.Find("GameDrawManager"));
    14.     }
    15.     }
    Let me know how will that work for you ;)

Regards,
    Bahaa

14. Amitloaf

Amitloaf

Thank you! Worked perfectly :)

15. baha

baha

Your welcome :)

16. baha

baha

So we have a competition to win licenses of GameDraw, BooleanRT and Project (x) check it out here :)

17. BlackArcane

BlackArcane

Awesome stuff mate! Does it have modifiers, something like Bend in Cinema4D? That'd be cool. I am buying this anyway, but just in case, what are you planning to implement next?

18. baha

baha

It will have some soon :) you can find a list of things we are planning to implement here

19. DAGames

DAGames

If you modify this and someone already owns it, will they have to pay for the mod or will it be free for previous users?

20. baha

baha

It will be free for previous users until we reach V2 after 1-2 years from now, a lot of additions will happen during this period :)

21. baha

baha

Below is a screenshot of the new GUI for GameDraw, everything is accessible from within the scene view so you can leverage a full screen experience, the functions are more clear now and much easier to use :D

$New GUI_mid.png

Other major modifications:
    1- Speed improvements on selection up to 5x
    2- More stability
    3- General fixes and workflow enhancements

More stuff to come ;)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  22. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Nice, had it for a while but didn't get to use it yet. Will start testing it soon so these latest updates are nice news :)

23. Daniko

Daniko

Is there a way to save out a combined/modified material to file, like saving the 3d mesh?

24. baha

baha

Thanks, we will submit them soon to the asset store, if you want them before that just drop me an email and I will be glad to send it out to you ;)

Yeah, we are adding this in the next update, drop me an email and I will send it to you in the next 2 days :D

25. baha

baha

Also, this is the latest Screenshot of the In-Scene GUI, hopefully you will like it :D

$GameDraw new GUI 2.jpg

26. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Cool!
    I can't wait to try the new GUI !

27. baha

baha

Nice to hear that :D I will send it to you soon, just need to do some more polishing :)

28. RoyS

RoyS

Very nice!

29. marine565

marine565

seems cool

30. Kastar-Troy

Kastar-Troy

This tool keeps losing the combined atlases constantly, I can't find where you place the textures created, is there a way to repair this? Where are the combined atlas textures?

31. baha

baha

We have a release coming on few days from now with an option to save these atlases, hope you can afford to wait for it, if you can't then please drop me an email with your invoice number and I will send it to you as soon as we do the deployment build and before submitting to the asset store.

32. Kastar-Troy

Kastar-Troy

Really good news, it's been a major issue for me. I'm happy to wait, I'll hold off from any model optimisations till that comes out.

33. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

hi sorry i haven't been on for a while working in udk for a bit (unity is way better, but i will leave the argument for another day). like the update going to play around with it a bit more but two things that i found, first being that the uv editor is a lot nicer now but i seem to get a flickering effect on the empty grid space. not that fussed though as i just put on some music and invite some mates round to party haha.

the other isnt really a problem just thought i would mention it really. the way i work is the same as i do in max or blender 2x2 screens with front top left and perspective views especially when modelling and having the new ui open in all views is both annoying and useful so its kind of a win lose situation, i like being able to have the controls right next to me in all views but i also hate having my view blocked. so nothing can really be done its just down to my personal preference just thought i would share my thoughts haha.

all good though loving the new look makes it feel even more like its part of unity

34. tra2002

tra2002

It is upsetting to priase a product one month just for it to become unusable, so went to the website added a ticket and went back later to see can not check ticket status since there was never a ticket id given. one problem is that when editing a mesh then if you hit ctrl-z to undo more then 1 time it will not bring the handles back. vide example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw1g0hW5AeU

another problem is that there are several errors that just keep repeating till unity crashes for example this one

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MeshFilterEditor.OnSceneGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/14194e8ce88cdf47/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1236)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/14194e8ce88cdf47/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:696)

is there a way to get a copy of the unupdated working Game Draw?

35. baha

baha

The update is currently available so you can grab it :)

For having all the tools appear inside of all views, we can add a GameDraw preferences menu were you can choose whether to show on all views or on specific views in a later update :)

Thanks for the feedback :D

It seems the ticketing system is not working properly, sorry for that, you can always contact support@mixeddimensions.net or contact me bahaa@mixeddimensions.net and will do my best to make sure everything is working properly for you :)

on the other hand I can send you any copy you would like to get but also I guess the issues you are facing can be fixed by clicking a new button we have added to GameDraw in the lower left corner above the original mesh button called "rebuild mesh structure"

Hope this helps out

36. jonkuze

jonkuze

Wow! this is a really awesome Tool! it truly is amazing how people can create plugins / extentions like this for Unity, Unity is truly becoming Do-It-All Game Engine! LOL! Do - It - All, best expression i can come up with... We have Programming inside of Unity, Animation Inside of Unity, Now Modeling inside of Unity! crazy goodness!! Keep it up!!

37. baha

baha

Thanks, hearing so motivates us to work more harder on making GameDraw better, by the release of version 1 we will have a very powerful modeling tool :)

38. baha

baha

Just out of curiosity, is it beneficial having the asset warehouse of GameDraw? has anyone of you used the assets and what do you think of it?

We have hundreds of assets right now available within the warehouse but we haven't got any feedback or wishlist regarding them, I hoped to hear more about that side of the tool as well!

39. tra2002

tra2002

Ok wanted to make a follow up post to say after some friendly support was easy to resolve all errors that I was having. I must say this package for it's price and all it does is just great.

40. RoyS

RoyS

The assets are very well done and are always helpful. I would do more common items that would be in every type game like foods, health items, trinkets for both modern and medieval games. Standard weapons for both medieval and modern. I'm sure other people would have suggestions, too. That way these items would be useful to nearly everyone that is making a modern or medieval game.

These can be used in both modern and medieval games
    * zombies
    * skeletons

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  41. Corncobber

Corncobber

This looks really interesting, are there any plans for a future demo?

42. baha

baha

Do you mean a demo version or a trial?

43. Corncobber

Corncobber

Either or.

44. baha

baha

Yes we do plan to have a trial and "maybe" a free version with a minor set of features.

45. Ahmad_Sawalha

Ahmad_Sawalha

46. tra2002

tra2002

@Ahmad_Sawalha very nice.

47. Ahmad_Sawalha

Ahmad_Sawalha

I'm really glad you like it :)
    I will publish another video, but with more complex model :)

48. RoyS

RoyS

Please don't ever get rid of this feature! (3D Boolean which preserves UVs and materials). I don't even think 3DS Max can do that (unless they updated it, but I want GameDraw to replace my Max 9.)

Can't wait to give the new UVW editor a try.

I really like GameDraw.

49. baha

baha

We are very excited about our latest update for GameDraw which includes improvments, texture painting and one of GameDraw's best features to date "Inst3D" which will take 2 or 3 images and extract your model from them, the extraction is based on the alpha channel such that anything with 0 alpha will be considered as empty and anything with opaque will be considered as a volume to extract the shape from plus with the texture painting you can do your drawings and textures or edit them from within Unity and use them as references for Inst3D or even you can use the texture painter to paint on object's textures when set on object mode instead of canvas mode, I will be posting a video and more information soon :)

$GameDraw - Inst3D.png

50. BL00DCELL

BL00DCELL

There seems to be a bug with the warehouse assets.
    Error 1:

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.
    Recv failure: Connection was reset
    UnityEngine.WWW:get_bytes()
    WarehouseWindow:<DownloadPackage>b__11()
    ContinuationManager:Update()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Error 2:
    Error while importing package: Couldn't decompress package
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:ImportPackage(String, Boolean)
    WarehouseWindow:<DownloadPackage>b__11()
    ContinuationManager:Update()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()