Search Unity

GameDraw - 3D Modeling INSIDE of UNITY!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by baha, Feb 11, 2012.

1. baha

baha

This is a new feature which is part of GameDraw, you simply draw inside the sceneview and you will get a complete 2D level with your drawing turned into meshes with materials, colliders and rigidbodies if enabled, check the video below and btw you can modify the resulted mesh when finished since GameDraw is for modeling ;)

Also check out the new complete documentation

2. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

nice one ill have a proper look at it this week, like the new 2d draw looks interesting

3. Demigiant

Demigiant

Awesome! Now I'm very eager to find some time to get into GameDraw again, and this time I feel quite positive I might end with a good review on the Asset Store ;)

4. baha

baha

5. omarzonex

omarzonex

are you learning Vedio youtube GameDraw

where web site learning Full

6. baha

baha

Did not understand !!

7. baha

baha

New Update is Available 0.861:

Paint mode exit button in the sceneview
    Fix for invalid texture size when single clicking in the sceneview while in paint mode
    Added texture support in the Painter window
    Fix for some data being included in build
    Improved data save handling
    Fixed some selection issues
    Fixed some extrusion issues
    Enhanced undo when undoing changed variables in the inspector
    Editor Window disabled for stability guarantees until the official release

GameDraw is ON SALE (50% OFF) until 23th of June, 2012

8. baha

baha

Just a reminder!

GameDraw is ON SALE (50% OFF) until 23th of June, 2012 that means the sale ends tomorrow if anyone is interested in picked it up while on a discount ;)

9. StefanoCecere

StefanoCecere

just got it!
    see ya soon! :)

10. baha

baha

Hey, thanks for picking it up :) please let me know if you need anything and I would be more than glad to help

11. redchurch

redchurch

I just purchased GameDraw, created a new project and imported GameDraw and there is no GameDraw in the menu, and also nothing in the inspector when looking at a meshfilter. It exists in the project folders but there are no changes to the menus.

How do I get this tool to show up in Unity?

I am on Unity 3.5.2F2 basic running Win 7.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  12. baha

baha

Try closing Unity and opening it again, if that did not do it for you then drop us an email at support@mixeddimensions.net and we will check it out for you right away!

13. redchurch

redchurch

Reimport All Assets fixed the problem. Seems like a bug/problem in Unity when creating a new project.

14. baha

baha

Yeah, it sometimes does not refresh well, let me know if you need anything and I would really love to hear your feedback, drop me an email in case you needed anything or had some suggestions to give :)

15. redchurch

redchurch

Thanks! It's very useful! One quick question -- Meshes generated from the Create menu such as stairs are HUGE and something like 100x bigger than the standard Unity scale. Is there a quick way to fix this or a scale setting somewhere? Or would I have to scale these down by hand? Seems like they should spawn at Unity scale standards, for example, the 3rd Person Controller construction worker by default.

16. baha

baha

There is a scale parameter when creating primitives from the primitives window you can use it to scale down or grow parameters, on the other hand you can find them as .obj inside Plugins/GameDraw/Primitives/OBJ and then change the importer scale factor to 0.001 this should do it without affecting the scale in the transform, the first option will affect the scale of the transform.

We will fix this in the next update.

17. douglaswalkers

douglaswalkers

With the Game Draw we can make so many content inside of Unity. Game Draw introduced the BETA version of latest tools for the Unity Asset Store. For these latest tools we can use so many other features without any problem.

18. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

hey everyone ive been moving over the past week, but just took advantage of the new update and some features seem a lot more solid and less prone to problems, guarantee though when unity 4 comes out it will create problems unity should do developer betas for the big asset developers.

just like to mention that i am using game draw to create terrain for mobile platforms and if anyone would like a tutorial on it just ask and ill post a video. thanks for the work and looking forward to the next update

19. baha

baha

We are working on making GameDraw even more solid and by Unite12 we will have a lot of interesting features and improvements to introduce but meanwhile we will continue to work on making it better and better :D

20. S0ULART

S0ULART

It really sounds interesting, I'm sure some people including me would like to see your way using game draw :)

21. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

Ill do a video this week, it works very well and simple when you know how. I will post the link here sometime next week.

22. baha

baha

Time for an announcement!

We have been working hard for the last period of time on getting GameDraw to the next level, bug fixes, new features and restructuring has been happening like a mad since the last update as we wanted to give back to everyone who supported our efforts, the following list are some of the things coming:

Rewritten core

The core of GameDraw has been rewritten with a new data structure for better handling of the mesh, a better structure that works with undo and can be used for runtime integration, this means that we have almost rewrote all implementations and fixed any issues we've caught during the last period.

Edges, Elements and Quad support
    We have already added edges and Elements support on the other hand we are adding Quad support in Unity 4.

New Highlight System
    The old highlight system for selection has completely changed, we are no longer using handles to draw the highlight instead we are using low level graphics to draw them which means better look and feel, "no more overlaps nor wrong Z ordering"

New editing functions
    We are working now on the implementations for several new editing functions such as cut and slice and hopefully they will make their way out within the next update.

Optimization (the new baby)
    As promised, we have re implemented the decimation part to work on all platforms which means that you can also use it on runtime, on the other hand we are implementing a new feature for optimization that will reduce draw calls dramatically.

More 2D features
    We've never forgotten about 2D for that we have increased our tools focusing on 2D, stay tuned for more information or simply meet us at Unite12

Better UV handling
    We have implemented several enhancements on UV handling that will make it much easier to work with UVs through GameDraw.

Procedural City Generator
    We have implemented a procedural city generator that should make it pretty much easy to create cities.

Character customization and Morphing
    We have implemented a state of the art character customizer that will make creating characters a piece of cake, not that only it can be used to create morphs on any object so thing of cars, spaceships, etc.. and don't forget how this will integrate with Mechanim in Unity 4.

API and runtime support
    We are exposing the API for you to add your own tools and it will even allow you to plugin your own tabs to GameDraw under the utilities section, not only that you will be able to use the API for runtime.

Much More!
    We haven't told everything yet, if you want to know more about our plans and you are attending Unite12 then just ping us and we will be more than happy to meet with you.

A BIG Thanks
    We would like to thank everyone how supported us during the BETA, your support and your trust in GameDraw made it go this far and will continue to work hard on making it better, If we wanted to say something from the bottom of our hearts we would say that you are a great community and we are very thankful for you for all what you’ve done to make GameDraw evolve to its latest form.

23. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

sorry about the delay i will post next week, i have put together a demo project with it but i can not do a video until its a bit more qiuet, or you will just hear my son screaming in the background

24. Demigiant

Demigiant

Wow awesome update, which really shows dedication. Can't wait to try GameDraw again (and again, sorry for that rushed review that I retracted - that was dumb of me, and I see you really didn't deserve it - I suppose I'll give a good one as soon as I try it again :))

25. kenshin

kenshin

Please, check you inbox... PM sent!

26. Yanger Xiaoying2

Yanger Xiaoying2

Seems very great!

27. baha

baha

Replied back ;)

28. baha

baha

After hearing the feedback and that a lot of the community are looking forward for the next update and couldn't wait we decided to do a part of the update which is 0.865 but since we have done a complete rewrite to improve "behind the scenes" we had to disable some features temporarily and for the meantime until we launch 0.87 very soon.

version 0.865 includes:

1- New data structure for better handling of the meshes.
    2- Edges and elements support.
    3- Better highlighting
    4- Rotation and scale are working correctly.
    5- All functions now support multiple materials.
    6- Shortcuts.
    7- better GameDraw menu.
    8- UVs support realtime changes.
    9- Better UV mapping.
    10- Edges are shown in the UV editor.

Everything other than Editing and UVs have been disabled temporarily.

29. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

wow baha...it is a great news...i'll make a try soon.

30. baha

baha

Thanks :) drop me an email and I will send you even a newer version with hot fixes "being submitted to the asset store right now"

Version 0.865 f1

Multithreaded data construction.
    Upto 10X speed improvements for building of data.
    Data init is only happening once in edit mode.
    Smooth normals function.
    Speed of vertex editing is enhanced.
    Fixed: Playmode loosing vertex selection data.
    Fixed: Selection after entering playmode.
    General "behind the scene" improvements.
    Fixed: UnityEditor dependancy blocking build without removing GameDrawManager Object.
    GameDrawManager object exposed to ease the process of removing GameDraw dependencies
    Fixed: Vertex selection is blocking gizmo movement in vertex mode while mouse pointer is over the mesh

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  31. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

perfect...mail sent!

32. spyketherobot

spyketherobot

i guy's i realy like your works but i need to use your 2d to 3d feature..
    anyway i can get the older version of this asset or any eta for the next release?
    thanks
    regards
    spk

33. angel_m

angel_m

I have been using GameDraw (0.865 version) intensivelly for editing meshes, concretely, applying new materials to selected faces, and I have noticed, after a while, heavy slowdowns and even freezes in the Unity editor, specially when selecting complex gameobjects (prefabs), and problems also with navigation with the mouse and keys in the editor up to the point it is completelly unusable.
    When I uninstalled GameDraw from my project the mentioned issues disappeared.
    I have to mention my project is pretty big, and I have many objects in my scene but they are all low poly. It runs at 70-80 FPS in the editor.

My development pc, however, is an Intel i7 , 8Gb RAM, Geforce 460GTX 1,5 Gb RAM, Windows 7 Professional 64 bits
    I have Unity Pro 3.5.5

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  34. kenshin

kenshin

PM sent!

35. GennadiyKorol

GennadiyKorol

Hey guys,

I have just bought the full version of this tool to try the "2d to 3d" feature and it doesn't seem to appear in the Utilities menu :(

Is there something I can do about that to be able to use that feature?

Thanks!
    Gennadiy

36. baha

baha

Hi,

The 2D to 3D feature will be back in few days :) however if you can drop me an email with your invoice ID then I will send you an even newer update of GameDraw tomorrow morning.

37. GennadiyKorol

GennadiyKorol

No problem guys, take it easy :) We will wait for the official update :)

38. baha

baha

:) thanks, I will keep you posted ;)

39. kenshin

kenshin

Hello Baha,

today I bought you asset version 0.868! :)

When API will be released?
    Will API documentation released on your website?

Thanks
    Kenshin

40. kenshin

kenshin

Hello Baha,

I bought this asset and downloaded the last version 0.868 and I found a lot of serious problems that don't allow me to use it in general:

Please, can you give me some feedback about these problems?

Here you will find main bug I have found:

1) Add a cube in the scene, then change position of a vertex, then optimize -> Initialize =>
    ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[MTriangle].get_Item (Int32 index)
    DecimateEditor.CollapseTest ()
    DecimateEditor.ComputeProgressiveMesh ()
    DecimateEditor.PreCalculate (UnityEngine.Mesh tmpMesh)
    GDDecimator.DrawGUI ()
    MeshFilterEditor.OnInspectorGUI ()
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (Boolean isRepaintEvent, UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/14194e8ce88cdf47/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:888)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/14194e8ce88cdf47/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:243)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

2) Add a gamedraw primitive cube in the scene, then move a vertex, then select on triangle and extrude =>
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Vector2].RemoveAt (Int32 index)
    HEMesh+HEMeshUtils.DeleteFaces (.GDController controller, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 selection)
    HEMesh+HEMeshUtils.extrude (.GDController controller, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 selectedFaces)
    GDEditor.ExtrudeSelection ()
    GDEditor.DrawEditGUI ()
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (Boolean isRepaintEvent, UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/14194e8ce88cdf47/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:888)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/14194e8ce88cdf47/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:243)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

NOTE: After this error is impossible to do any other modification in the editor.

3) Gizmo bug: add a primitive in the scene, then do some vertex modification, go to general -> toggle "game draw" selection and after this no more gizmo displayed in the editor

4) select acube in the scene, then select one triangle and select detach =>
    HEMesh+HEMeshUtils.DeleteFaces (.GDController controller, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 selection)
    HEMesh+HEMeshUtils.detach (.GDController controller)
    GDEditor.Detach ()
    GDEditor.DrawEditGUI ()

5) select a vertex in a primitive, then "delete element" =>
    HEMesh+HEMeshUtils.DeleteVertices (.GDController controller, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 selection)
    GDEditor.DeleteSelection ()
    GDEditor.DrawEditGUI ()

Thnks
    Kenshin

41. StefanoCecere

StefanoCecere

Hi kenshin
    i did a try to 0.868 yesterday and found it very buggy.
    i guess because lot's of features are disabled (as the author says), but the buttons for those functions are still there!
    :)

42. angel_m

angel_m

The tool needs work on the basis, not adding new features.

43. kenshin

kenshin

Hi Krur,

I think you are right... anyway is disappointing because I haven't found any good reference about what is really usable in this release.
    I strongly hope this tool will improve soon.

44. baha

baha

Guys, please always report your bugs to the support team so we can fix them, maybe it is an issue releated to configuration or a conflict with another package, not letting us know your issues will not help us solve them.

We are having a new update, send me an email and I will send it out to you, we haven't found any issues with the latest update that we will send out so It would be great if we send it out and get some feedback, maybe some issues are not haven't been detected by our team.

Contact us until we update the documentation to the latest build :D

45. kenshin

kenshin

Hi Baha,

thanks for your feedback! :)

Kenshin

46. baha

baha

Your welcome, will send it out right now :)

47. baha

baha

A new version is out now in the asset store, check it out ;)

We will be providing more information about it in few days with videos, tutorials and documentation but if you already bought GameDraw then I encourage you to update :D

48. baha

baha

We are now offering a huge collection of FREE assets that worth hundreds of dollars with GameDraw (starting from the latest release 0.869 available at the Asset Store) ;)

The current available collection includes 10 buildings, 10 medieval buildings, barrels collections, boxes collection, trash cans, containers, vending machine, small house in 3 construction stages.

This week aditions:
    50 building for city construction, city probes

Continuous Growth:
    The content will continually grow "On a weekly or even daily basis" with more assets that will only be available for GameDraw users through GameDraw's warehouse window so don't hesitate to grab GameDraw and get access to these amazing assets :D

GameDraw Link in the Asset Store

49. sefou

sefou

Hi baha,

i try to register to get your free asset and i get this error message:

I use unity 4 b 8.

50. baha

baha

I will check over Unity 4 and will work on fixing this, meanwhile I added you manually