Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GameDraw - 3D Modeling INSIDE of UNITY!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by baha, Feb 11, 2012.

1. baha

baha

That's right and we are preparing a new one which will include new features as well, something that will hopefully will give a very good impression on where we are taking it but maybe the following 2 videos can show off some of it:

2. PolyMad

PolyMad

Now that's much better, man! I think I'll buy it :)

3. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Hi Baha,
    can you post a video to show the new 2d to 3d feature, please?
    I'm curious to see it in action.
    Regards
    Max

4. baha

baha

Sure,

I will post one today or tomorrow at max :)

5. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Thanks!

6. baha

baha

A video showcasing the new 2D to 3D feature :)

7. PolyMad

PolyMad

NOW that's starting to be EXTREMELY COOL :D

8. Pandemona

Pandemona

Wow really great tool, great job!

Watching showcase i noticed that smoothing groups feature missing when you creating barrel, does this feature exists?

Also would be great if you could implement auto tessellation from normal mapping, that would bring your toolkit to new level

9. baha

baha

Thanks :) smoothing groups will be introduced later and we are already working on tessellation from normal mapping :D

10. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Awesome feature!

11. baha

baha

Thanks we are trying to do our best :)

12. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

purchased... very promising tool... soon feedbacks

13. PolyMad

PolyMad

OMG

14. Desert Raven

Desert Raven

It would be great if there was any information on how to get this running in unity 3.5!

thanks

I figured it out ...

I get a message saying I need visual c++ run-time installed on my system, it is installed already??

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  15. Desert Raven

Desert Raven

Great tool so far I came across an issue that you may be interested in fixing.

When I create an object from your primitives list, e.g. the closed stair object, it creates the stair way to big and at position 0,0,0.
    this is a bit unfortunate, since unity inserts new primitives right where the current camera is, so now I have to jump away from where I'm working in the scene.
    the primitives should be somewhat to match the unity scale like I insert a Unity cube object, it is by default 1 by 1 by 1 units. Your stair object claims to be 1 by 1 by 1 in scale but is like 100 times larger then the cube.

I would also wish this plug in was integrated into the pull down menu bar.

16. Stardog

Stardog

It would be good to fix some basic features of this before adding anything else...I still have a lot of problems.

Sometimes only one triangle of a face is selectable for me. The other triangle won't highlight. This is from a basic cube primitive. Also, duplicating causes a few issues with materials.

It's not really useable right now.

17. Mikie

Mikie

WOW!! Charging for a beta. Nice if you can get it.

18. jainischalverma

jainischalverma

How to apply texture to different faces? ?? I don't get it.. The tool is half completed and not good at all.. I will like a refund please..

19. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

You do know what a beta means dont you.

20. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

Hi i was just wandering if there was a way to make an atlas using this tool. If not it would go perfectly in the optimization section

21. alewinn

alewinn

22. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

Not really weighing in one way or the other on the poster's complaint, BUT... I'm getting tired of people MISUSING terms.

Alpha = All features active. Every core system is in place, there is placeholder for every system, asset, etc.

Beta = Product is close to done, minus testing and some possible (probable) tuning. It is feature complete and working towards a Release Candidate (RC).

These are the definitions I've been using in my 50+ games I've made over the past 25 years of game development.

23. alewinn

alewinn

24. baha

baha

The message is available always to notify users about the need for visual c++ runtime but we will do automatic check in future updates, what count is that is possible for you to optimize or are you having an issue so we can help you out.

25. baha

baha

We will fix the primitives issue in the next update and we will make it a separate window as well so you will have both options to work with.

Could you please drop me an email through our support tab so I can help you out :D

We are making a discounted rate for things that do work but might raise issues, so you get things working on a discounted rate but you might face issue that we fix through support which improve the product, there is a team working on this and we need to create the best out for you and this takes a lot of time and great products do not come in one day, it took Unity 10 years to become the product it is and I know that you will totally understand that :D

Could you please drop me an email so I do provide you with all needed support, it is our duty to do so, I'll make sure you get satisfied and if I failed I will be gladly refund you and let Unity send you the refund :D

I will check this with our team ;)

It won't be abandonned so don't worry and to let you know LM2 is getting a new update this week so no need to be worry :D

well, let me know the issues you are facing and I will help you out, also we add features and improve the product on no extra cost as you might noticed others might have released procedural cities as a separate product while we will integrate it into this one without any extra cost.

fixes are a major part of a product life cycle, Unity do fixes always and release the product then issues raise and then they fix those issues, we tend to do what we can do and hopefully this product will be something cheap and helpful for everyone but we need the help of the community to do so :)

We were on a holiday here in Jordan and we have been even busy with a Unity session presented by the Unity team, you will get your reply shortly and we will be providing help on a 5 days per week basis until we reach point where we can do a 24 hour support.

26. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

ok cool, don't worry to much about an atlas if their isn't a way to create one or your team isn't working on one, as there already out there, but it would go nicely with combining the meshes.

however i would rather see the time spent on making the current features even better, i think only women can multitask haha

27. omarzonex

omarzonex

scripts polygon nice

How to shrink the size of the pixel in the Model highpoly
    While reducing the vertex Full Automatic

------------------
    where are you from baha in jordan
    Amman or Irbid
    where are you company in jordan ?

:eek:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  28. baha

baha

Hi Omar,

Couldn't understand your question clearly

We are from Amman and located near the 2nd Circle

29. Tenebrous

Tenebrous

Volunteer Moderator

Any chance you could make the icons / tabs smaller? That inspector sure does take up a lot of width :(

30. baha

baha

We will make sure to do that in the next update :)

31. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

i found if you go into the gamedraw directory and change all the images in plugins/gamedraw/editor/icons/final to a smaller size this makes it a bit smaller in the inspector, i have all mine on 32 as the max size and dont lose much quality

32. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

hi again haha,

i was just wandering if theres a way to create a second uv for lightmapping, so say i combine five objects together is there a way to keep the original uv so i dont lose the textures positions but create another uv witch will be used for a lightmap. so uv squares seperated.

33. baha

baha

Smart idea, I will check with the team such a possibility and get back to you but most likely we will focus on the current features at this time then we might integrate it :D

34. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

no worries ive got a workaround untill then, takes a bit of time but should work.

35. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

hey everyone this is a quick note on lightmapping objects combined using gamedraw, this is my work around for getting perfect lightmaps with no lights of in the distance somewhere.

its actually very simple just combine your objects together and then export them as an obj,
    however the materials will be gone so they will have to be put back on.
    but if you only export objects that use the same texture then the texture should map back onto it perfectly. then on import settings just click use uv2 for lightmapping and this will give it a new uv for lightmap but preserve the old one for texture.

also you may have to recalculate normals in order to get the lights to emit on the correct side, however you can do this directly in gameDraw

on left is an combined meshs exported as obj and then had the materials put back on, and on right is original combined mesh.
    you can notice that on right the lights are just duplicated and on the boxes isnt there anymore.
    on left though has kept the same position and not duped them.

i havent tested this on objects with an atlas but should work as uv's will be in same position.

Attached Files:

36. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

hey just wandering if theres a date on the next update.

37. baha

baha

On the end of next week :)

Also very nice work you have done above with lightmaps, excellent work

38. Tenebrous

Tenebrous

Volunteer Moderator

Just a note / bugreport here that GameDraw seems to be quite good at messing up my prefabs :)

For some reason there are two Modifiable meshes just hanging loosely in the prefab, and Unity is complaining of a missing asset. You can't remove the Modifiable meshes, they just won't delete.

39. baha

baha

This is because the meshfilter uses a non persistent meshes that needs to be saved to the disk, try saving the meshes to the hard disk from the general tab before saving the prefab,

The next update will improve and fix this issue, you might also drop us an email if you wish to follow up on issues you face in order for us to improve GameDraw through feedbacks

40. Tenebrous

Tenebrous

Volunteer Moderator

No problem, will do :)

41. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

no worries, i like this product very useful so anything i can come up with i'll post to encourage more people to purchase and keep this going.

also i have been using this program a lot for making atlases in unity, if anyone is interested i'll post an unofficial tutorial on how i do it

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  42. Mikie

Mikie

Can one create a fbx file?

43. baha

baha

You can export as .obj

44. Mikie

Mikie

Need fbx. Do you have .fbx in future versions.

45. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

any news?... i can't wait to see the new beta version.

46. baha

baha

hopefully yes but can't promise anything at this stage

On the edge of a release :D

47. i-tech

i-tech

A must have tool, will buy on the next version :)

48. badawe

badawe

There is some way to remove all plugin from one projeto? Because i already delete all the files, but i keep geting the warnings:
    Code (csharp):
    2. The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
    Code (csharp):
    2. Cleaning up leaked objects in scene since no game object, component or manager is referencing them
    3.  Mesh has been leaked 8 times.
    Please Help Me!

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  49. baha

baha

Sure, Could you PM me your skype handle and lets have a skype call

Update:

Just wanted to share the solution with anyone in case of deleting the files of the plugin, just install this package then go to GameDraw->Remove Scene Objects and it will fix the issue

View attachment $GameDrawCleaner.unitypackage

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  50. badawe

badawe

Thanks for the help Baha!

=D

Everything fine now!