Search Unity

Gameart - Scene Image Export

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by PixelPounder, Jan 21, 2020.

1. PixelPounder

PixelPounder

What is the best tool to create an awesome image of a Unity scene? Say I want to create images from my game... could be an image that I plan on using for a website, to distribute, to market the game, put on the "game box" or poster, etc. This isn't just screenshots but very high resolution large and professional images that I would want to put together for a Press Kit, "Game box", website, etc. that take in the lighting, post production, objects, etc. etc.

Would I just create the Unity scene or run the game or run the timeline and record and export to EXR or some other file format and bring it into Photoshop or some other app?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. PixelPounder

PixelPounder

No takers on the answers? Just to clarify some things...

This would be a single image professional high resolution render for Game Art, putting on ArtStation.com, including in a portfolio, etc.

I know there is Autodesk Arnold, Marmoset Toolbag, Keyshot, Cycles, Eevee, Octane, Houdini, Modo, iRay, vRay, Redshift, etc where we can put our models in and render out... but I'm wondering if we can do the same thing with a Unity scene that we create... and look just as good... if not better? If the scene is already going to include the various models/elements that I want... it would seem like extra work to build the scene in another software if I can create a pro image within Unity.

3. kdgalla

kdgalla

If you search for "screenshot" on the Asset Store there are several free (and paid) assets that can do this. i.e. a "screen grab" of your scene at a certain camera view, except that it's rendered at a higher resolution than is shown on your monitor.

I have not tried this myself, but at least with the free assets you can just download them and see if they work like you want.

4. PixelPounder

PixelPounder

Thanks for the input and I did look at the asset store (I'm an asset store addict - have a ton of free & paid assets - LOL) before but none of those are at the level / resolution needed. What I'm thinking about using is the Unity Record and export at max resolution to an EXR... but wondering if anyone else knew a better solution.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020