Search Unity

Game works in Unity editor, but throws errors on iOS

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by CameronDWills, Jul 16, 2021.

1. CameronDWills

CameronDWills

I'm using unity version 2021.1.13f

I have a simple scene with a button, that when pressed is supposed to open a login user input box, and then continue to the next scene when pressed.

Everything with my game has worked perfect when playing in the Unity editor. However once I've built the game for iOS, built with xcode, uploaded to app store connect, and downloaded the game to my iPhone 12 Pro, I get the errors shown in the console log seen in my attached Screenshot. Pressing the buttons shows them dim as if they're being pressed, but nothing happens. It seems something with visual scripting isn't getting built right, but I'm a novice when it come to programming and Unity.

Here's a link to the exact error code:
    https://pastie.io/lnxutc.req

I'm really stumped as to what this could be, any help would be much appreciated!

Also as a side note, I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but after building my game for iOS in unity, I noticed in my visual scripting settings that the list of all the node types and such I've added have disappeared and the list reverted to the default... And at first nothing appeared in my fuzzy finder. After I clicked 'regenerate units' everything showed back up in the fuzzy finder, even the node types I added that aren't in the default list. However checking the list of types, they're still missing.

I feel like there's some bug here that might be related to my issue... But Im not sure.

Attached Files:

2. CameronDWills

CameronDWills

I solved this. The problem was that I had a super unit in an unused script graph sitting in my assets which took a "list" as an input, not an ilist or aotlist.

This one, unused super unit caused a bunch of pointer errors with the AotStubs script. I was deleting the generated visual scripting folders to get around the errors and build the game, which was why it was only building in the default types and not the added ones.

Once I deleted the script graph from my assets, everything works.

There should be something in the error that tells you what script graph is causing a problem, or throw the error before you try to build the game so you can catch it as it exists. Spent way too many hours troubleshooting this.