Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Game won't build with error : RenderTexture doesn't contain definition for stencilFormat

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by infernobomb, May 28, 2020.

1. infernobomb

infernobomb

I am running into an error when trying to build my game to an android device;

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.core@7.1.8\Runtime\Textures\RTHandleSystem.cs(714,21): error CS0117: 'RenderTexture' does not contain a definition for 'stencilFormat'

I am using the Universal render pipeline and shadergraph (7.1.8), and have tried reinstalling them, upgrading them to (7.3.1), nuking the packages folder, but none of it has fixed it. The very confusing part is my teammate has the exact same project on their machine (both windows 10), but does not have the error and can successfully build to android.

Was unable to find any solutions, so looking for someone who may have any insight!

Thanks

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Are you both running the same unity version?

3. infernobomb

infernobomb

Thanks for the response. I ended up resolving the issue after reinstalling the android sdk tools and jdk. I believe it must have been caused by having the wrong versions installed.

4. meedbairouk

meedbairouk

@infernobomb can you please more explain how did you solve it, same error here bro,can you help please