Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Game with a message (developer looks for like-minded people)

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by williHasDreams, Feb 27, 2021.

1. williHasDreams

williHasDreams

Hello, I am an introverted, socially minded, environmentally conscious minimalist and programmer from Austria. I am interested in exciting topics such as the behavior of people and animals, nature and sustainability. As I am an autodidact and curious to learn new things, I wanted to start my first video game project in my spare time.

Primary the game should create positive feelings if the player treats the virtual social and natural environment in a helpful and respectful manner. These experiences then hopefully transfer to the real world.

Nothing is set in stone, but following up I want to give a brief overview of how the game could look like.

In general the gameplay should entertain through stealth, search and exploration mechanics. The game should enchant through an emotional story and an aesthetic world set in an alpine region. Last but not least it should draw attention to prevailing problems like pollution, climate change, disturbance of the natural habitat, violence, discrimination, sexism and racism etc. through main and environmental storytelling.

More in detail, the player slips into the role of a dog, with the advantages and disadvantages of its extraordinary senses (smell, hearing, motion vision). The goal is to move as undiscovered as possible through small towns, woods and mountains, to pursue your main goal that is dictated by the main story. In addition to the stealth passages, there are also tasks in which special NPCs with an emotional background story must be helped. Since you cannot speak and probably should not be discovered, you have to find out what is missing from the special NPC in order to make him happy again. Special NPCs could also be other animals that need to be rescued, for example. If you do get discovered I was thinking of a non verbal mini game and/or a run away system where you can set traps to prevent NPCs from searching for an amount of time to get away. They will not stop the search but you can try it again later with another approach.

Since I want to learn how to develop a game myself, also I wanted to see if there are like-minded people who are interested in the topics mentioned above. So anyone who feels addressed now is welcome to contact me here or at wp2009@live.at. I would also appreciate it if you can give some feedback and share this post with people who might be interested in it. Thanks in advance.

Short notes:
    • Nothing set in stone other than that there should be a strong message for the topics described
    • My first video game project: keep the scope small and the quality high
    • I have over 3 years of experience as a developer, mainly native mobile development
    • Work areas for you: game design, development, 3D modeling, 2D art (concept, texture and UI), animation, sound, testing and marketing
    • No deadlines
    • Participation on the project is unpaid
    • Game is playable for free
    • Low poly 3D without textures where possible seems realistic for the style
    • Sources of inspiration: A Plague Tale, Splinter Cell, Dishonored, Riddick, Hitman, Untitled goose game, Mini Ninjas

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021